The Tula is a longer cut, female specific jacket with versatile, hard-wearing features ideal for use on and off the hill | Mid-thigh length waterproof jacket ideal for hiking | Longer coverage without restriction | Ergonomic design maintains freedom of movement | Stow away hood with firm, shape-able peak | Female specific fit
Castleberg Review - Paramo Tula Ladies Jacket
The Paramo Tula has a long skirt style cut with a scooped back giving high protection from the elements down to mid-thigh. The Tula jacket is cut with a feminine style, is roomy and comfortable and offers a range of features to ensure it is hard-wearing. The Nikwax Analogy fabric ensures the Tula is very waterproof and warm and the use of the mesh Nikwax Analogy® Pump Liner ensures that the coat is breathable where it needs to be in clammy/wet conditions or when very active. The style is well suited to any general walking activity on or off the hill from going around town, to dog walking or hiking with a pack. The Tula's cut means it will cope well with keeping off rain, sleet and snow but is not designed for more technical use on the mountains and the roomy skirt would not be appropriate for climbing or scrambling activities.
The Tula Ladies jacket has a two way zip, which is poppered for ventilation, long sleeves with Velcro cuffs, which can be rolled up, and a stow away peaked hood with excellent visibility. The waist can be cinched in via hidden drawcords in the hip warming pockets. The generous RH Chest pocket will take an OS map and there is a smaller pocket on the LHS suitably sized for a phone, wallet or GPS. The articulated shoulders, arms and generous cut of the jacket allow for maximum freedom of movement and can easily be worn with a rucksack. The Tula is a good quality general use waterproof coat which should last well if looked after using Nikwax Aftercare products and would suit those who have to go out into the elements whatever the weather throughout the year, dog walkers take note!
Specifications - Paramo Tula Ladies Jacket
- Stow away hood with a firm, shape-able peak provides a precise fit with or without a hat and should not compromise vision
- Fully articulated shoulders and arms for maximum freedom of movement
- Two hand-warming pockets, easily accessible during activity
- Long sleeves for protection with cuffs that are easily pushed or rolled up
- Generous length for extra coverage without restricting movement
- Hidden cords and cordlocks improve water and snow shedding
- Classic Analogy performance with the new mesh Pump Liner® in strategic areas
- The Nikwax Analogy® Pump Liner mimics the action of animal fur – pushing liquid water outwards to protect you from rain, condensation and perspiration, while protecting your insulation. This is combined with a Directional microfibre outer to deflect wind and rain.
- Two layer construction traps still air giving superior insulation to keep you warm
- Outer layer provides Directional water-repellency while the Pump Liner actively pushes liquid moisture away from the body keeping you dry from precipitation, perspiration and condensation
- Continues to work just as effectively even in high humidity or very cold conditions
- Water-repellency can be easily renewed for the lifetime of the garment with Nikwax Aftercare
- The fabric is soft, strong, silent and durable