Our View - Paramo Mens Bentu Windproof Jacket
Paramo excel at producing garments that cover a wide range of conditions and the Bentu combination of fleece and windproof jacket further add to this reputation. Together the pair provide full waterproof protection, or each garment can be used in isolation in a variety of weather conditions.
The Bentu Windproof Jacket is a highly technical piece of clothing. The material is lightweight yet totally windproof even the strongest gales and is remarkably protective against showers and summer mists. The water repellency can easily be renewed and enhanced with the use of Nikwax TX Direct. Built into the shoulders and hood is a ‘Zoned’ Pump Liner which provides full waterproof protection at these exposed areas and operates a unique ‘drainage’ technology to shed water.
The Bentu Jacket has been designed with active users in mind. The fit is relaxed with articulated shoulders to ensure a full range of motion is maintained. The hood offers a precise fit with full adjustability. It can also be securely stowed when not needed. Sleeve cuffs can be adjusted via a hook and loop closure allowing sleeves to rolled up in warm weather or closed shut in cold, wet weather. The drawcord hem further enhances the fit adjustability and weather protection.
As with many Paramo products, the Bentu Jacket has multiple pockets to carry essentials safely and securely. There are two large chest pockets with capacity to stow a map and easy access to essentials, as well as two hand warmer pockets.
The Paramo Bentu Windproof Jacket is a highly versatile weather resistant jacket which provides many options for the user either as a standalone windproof with added protection or in combination with the Bentu Fleece for full waterproof protection.
Specifications - Paramo Mens Bentu Windproof Jacket
- Articulated shoulders and sleeves for maximum movement.
- Fully adjustable hood for precise fit. Hood can be stowed securely when not in use.
- Hem drawcord for fit and extra weather protection with adjusters secured in pockets.
- Hook and loop cuff closure for precise adjustment, also allows sleeves to be pushed or rolled up for cooling.
- Mesh Pump Liner® in hood and across shoulders for directional removal of moisture and waterproofing in areas of greatest impact.
- Renewable water-repellency with application of Nikwax® TX.Direct®.
- Two large handwarming pockets.
- Two large map-sized storage pockets on the chest for quick access to essential equipment. Reflective zips aid visibility (not on Moss).
- Two-way front zip allows easy ventilation and access to inner layers.