A highly water-repellent Directional fleece jacket from Páramo. Designed to be worn as a stand-alone garment or in combination with the Fuera Windproof Jacket for total Directional Waterproof protection. Excellent for travelling because of generous pocketing and comfort factor. The Taiga has become one of Páramo’s customers’ firm favourites for use on and off the hill!
Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
Our View - Paramo Taiga fleece
The Paramo Taiga fleece jacket is a firm favourite with us. We like the fact that it's much more than just a warm jacket - in particular it wears so well that it represents great value for money in the long term. It's also a great cut - it's longer than a 'normal' fleece jacket - it incorporates four useable pockets on the outside and the added length, together with drawer chords on the hem and at the waist makes it a comfortable jacket whatever the weather.
With a much denser weave than a traditional 'fleece' the Taiga jacket is a very hard wearing jacket. It features a two layer system - the dense, relatively thin fleece on the outside and Paramo's pump liner (a one directional liner that passes liquid and vapour to the outside layer of the jacket whilst being highly resistant to water/vapour travelling inwards). This is the same liner that is used in Paramo waterproof jackets and it helps make the jacket more windproof whilst aiding the water resistance of the jacket (which can be enhanced further if you use a proofing treatment on the jacket next time you are re-proofing your waterproofs!).
The Fuera jacket also includes a waterproof hood - making the combination of Taiga fleece and Fuera windproof an all weather combination.
Specifications - Paramo Taiga fleece
- Adds insulation without having to take off other garments – can be worn either OVER or UNDER waterproofs, without affecting their performance.
- Adjustable temperature and weather protection from the high collar with single-hand drawcord adjustment.
- Camera, compass or other essential storage provided by large zipped chest pocket.
- Excellent weather protection provided by the exceptional Analogy Fleece technology.
- Full Directional Waterproof performance when worn under the Fuera Windproof jacket.
- Handwarming and additional storage from two waist level pockets.
- Maximum freedom of movement and increased comfort in the shoulder and arm area provided by articulated shoulders and sleeves.
- OS map pocket storage.
- Protection to the kidney area when bending or stretching from scooped tail.
- Temperature adjustment from elasticated and poppered cuff.
- Venting, weather protection and minimal rucking provided by concealed, elasticated waist and hem drawcords.