Our View - Paramo Torres Gilet
Everyone who works in this shops owns a Paramo Torres gilet! Not because we buy one for everyone (we don't) but because they are such a versatile garment. The Torres gilet and Torres smock were designed by Paramo as a clever solution to insulation - a thermal layer that fits over the top of a waterproof jacket meaning you don't have to take off the all important waterproof/windproof layer to adjust your insulation on the hill. A great idea, but the torres gilet works out great just as a day to day insulation layer and we size them to fit over or under a jacket - much more flexible.
The magic thing about the Torres gilet and Torres smock is even if it gets wet - there's nothing to hold any water so the insulation value does not really change wet or dry. It's also packable into the chest pocket so it can be stored in your pack for when it's needed or packed tight for travel also. We also like the simple, smart design - simple, but effective!
In terms of fit, we find that sizing it as per your waterproof jacket(see the link to the 'What size do I need') will give you a snug fit over a waterproof and a good fit for more everyday use without a waterproof. If you have any questions over fit - please get in touch we'll be glad to help.
Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
Specifications - Paramo Torres Gilet
- Beard guard at top of front zip.
- Can be treated with Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-In® to optimise wet weather performance.
- Durable fabric and components plus sturdy construction make this a robust garment for regular use in all conditions.
- Elasticated at arm holes and hem to improve fit and heat retention.
- External secure breast pocket with vertical zip doubles as easy storage for the gilet when not in use.
- High insulated collar for comfort.
- Internal mesh storage pocket to utilise body heat for drying and warming items.
- Nikwax Analogy® Insulator = Nikwax Windproof® outer, breathable lining and synthetic fill provide water-repellent, fast-drying block insulation.
- Sized for everyday wear but choose a larger size for overlayering with the Nikwax Analogy® system.
- Two handwarming pockets, which zip from the bottom to minimise gape when in use.
- Two-way, reverse zip with internal storm flap to allow effective ventilation and access to internal pockets.