Our View - Paramo Women’s Torres Alturo Jacket:
The Alturo jacket is the next generation of Paramo’s Torres insulation range and again, it’s designed as an overlayering jacket that can be put over the top of your existing Paramo layers to give you instant insulation. Wet or dry, the Alturo Jacket is warm, windproof and useful.
What we really like about the Paramo Torres Alturo Jacket is that it’s packable and easy to throw in a bag “just in case”. It packs down small into its own pocket (with a handy hanging loop) yet it offers a warm 133g of synthetic insulation that’s ideal for keeping you warm in winter conditions.
Whilst overlayering is useful in emergencies, the Paramo Torres Alturo Jacket is practical and can be worn as a standard winter hillwalking jacket in its own right. It’s got a windproof outer, the synthetic insulation works wet or dry and with generous hand warmer pockets, an OS-Map sized internal pocket (which doubles as the storage bag) and a helmet-compatible, fully adjustable hood, the Paramo Torres Alturo Jacket is a great option for anyone looking for a truly practical Paramo insulated jacket.
Specifications - Paramo Women’s Torres Alturo Jacket:
- 133g water-repellent synthetic fill
- 60g insulated and fully adjustable fixed hood with wired peak
- Adjustable hem to retain body heat.
- Designed for overlaying with a Páramo waterproofs
- Full front opening with two-way zip
- Harness-friendly handwarming pockets with 60g insulation
- Helmet-friendly hood
- Hook and loop cuff closure.
- Internal OS map-sized storage pocket. Doubles as a stuff pocket
- Internal storm flap and chin guard.
- Nikwax Analogy® Insulator fabric
- Nikwax DWR treatment on outer and inner fabric
- Scooped tail for additional protection.
- Single-hand pull adjusters on hood.