Our Review - Patagonia Men’s Better Sweater Fleece Vest:
Patagonia’s Better Sweater family is classic. As well as the original jacket and pullover, we are chuffed this season to be stocking the Better Sweater vest- a soft, warm and hardwearing piece, with a tough knitted outer face that resists pilling. It has a cosy fleece interior for additional warmth and comfort, yet the fabric wicks incredibly well making it an exceptionally versatile garment. Made from 100% recycled polyester, it is fast-drying and provides a valuable lightweight extra layer.
It has a stand-up collar to keep out the wind, with a zip garage for comfort, as well as a useful zipped chest pocket and two handwarmer pockets. It’s well thought out design keeps seams away from pack shoulder straps, and the jersey trim at the armholes, hem and back of neck provide extra wicking capability to improve the breathability.
Like the other Better Sweater garments- the jacket and the ¼ zip pullover- the vest is a technical piece which still looks smart and is easily wearable both on and off the hill.
Specifications - Patagonia Men’s Better Sweater Fleece Vest:
- Made of 100% recycled polyester fleece with a sweater-knit face, fleece interior and heathered yarns
- The full-zip design features a zip-through stand-up collar to protect your neck
- Designed with offset shoulder seams for pack-wearing comfort and long-lasting durability
- Pocket Details - A zippered left-chest pocket and two zippered handwarmer pockets hold your items and protect your hands
- Shape-Holding Armholes and Hem - the armholes and hem are trimmed with shape-holding micropolyester jersey
- Flat-seam stitching reduces both bulk and chafing; hip length
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn, which means the people who made it earned a premium for their labour
- Weight - 394 g (13.9 oz)
- 10-oz 100% recycled polyester knitted fleece dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved