Our Review - Patagonia Mens Better Sweater Quarter zip
The appropriately named Better Sweater has been core to the Patagonia range for a number of years, with good reason. We had put this high on our wish-list when we first brought Patagonia in store. It provides a smart, hardwearing and flexible alternative to standard fleece midlayers, and can be worn either as part of a layering system under a shell, or as an outer layer in cool dry conditions.
The Better Sweater ¼ zip pullover looks really good, with an outer knitted face and a comfortable soft fleece inside, as well as a collar and cuffs trimmed with matched tone jersey.
The relaxed but smart appearance of the Better Sweater hides its well thought out technical details well- raglan sleeves to prevent seams rubbing under a pack, wicking fabrics, including around the hem and cuffs, and a hardwearing knit finish on the outside that resists pilling. It has a stand-up collar to resist wind chill, with a zip garage for extra comfort, and a useful zipped chest pocket.
All in all a fantastic, highly flexible and functional piece. You’ll wonder how you managed without it.
Specifications - Patagonia Mens Better Sweater Quarter zip
- 1/4-zip pullover with stand-up collar and comfortable zipper garage
- 490 g (17.3 oz)
- 9.5-oz 100% polyester with a sweater-knit exterior and a fleece interior
- Flexible- can be worn with other layers as an outer, or as a midlayer under a shell jacket
- Hip length
- Made in Thailand- Patagonia are known for their ethical production and credentials, and provide a wealth of information allowing you to track the production of your Patagonia garments.
- Micropolyester jersey trim on cuffs, hem and back of neck for extra cosiness and comfort
- Raglan sleeves for added comfort carrying a pack
- Sweater-knit face, fleece inner face and heathered yarns
- Zipped chest pocket