Our Review - Patagonia Men’s Better Sweater Quarter zip:
The appropriately named Better Sweater has been core to the Patagonia range for a number of years, with good reason. We had put this high on our wish-list when we first brought Patagonia in store. It provides a smart, hardwearing and flexible alternative to standard fleece midlayers, and can be worn either as part of a layering system under a shell, or as an outer layer in cool dry conditions.
The Better Sweater ¼ zip pullover looks really good, with an outer knitted face and a comfortable soft fleece inside, as well as a collar and cuffs trimmed with matched tone jersey.
The relaxed but smart appearance of the Better Sweater hides its well thought out technical details well- raglan sleeves to prevent seams rubbing under a pack, wicking fabrics, including around the hem and cuffs, and a hardwearing knit finish on the outside that resists pilling. It has a stand-up collar to resist wind chill, with a zip garage for extra comfort, and a useful zipped chest pocket.
All in all a fantastic, highly flexible and functional piece. You’ll wonder how you managed without it.
Specifications - Patagonia Men’s Better Sweater Quarter zip:
- Made of 100% recycled polyester fleece with sweater-knit face, fleece interior and heathered yarns; dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods
- Quarter-zip with zip-through, stand-up collar
- Raglan sleeves for mobility and pack-wearing comfort
- Zippered left-chest pocket
- Shape-holding micropolyester jersey trim at cuffs and hem resists abrasion
- Flat-seam construction reduces bulk and helps eliminate seam chafe
- Hip length; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 505 g (17.8 oz)
- 10-oz 100% recycled polyester knitted fleece dyed with a low-impact process that significantly reduces the use of dyestuffs, energy and water compared to conventional dyeing methods.
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn