By gently compressing the soft tissue of the shin the Pro-Tec Shin Splints Compression Wrap prevents further stress on the tibia bone which causes the pain associated with shin splints
Shin Support | Alleviates shin splint pain | Compresses shin soft tissue - reduces 'pull' on tibia | Contoured design focuses compression | Cool Max covered Felt compression strip | RRP: £19.00
Pro-Tec Shin Splints Compression Wrap:
- General Application: Alleviates pain and discomfort associated with Shin Splints.
- Medical Application: Reduces symptoms of Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome and Anterior Shin Splints.
- How It Works: The Shin Splint Compression Wrap applies gentle pressure on soft tissue next to the tibia (shin bone), helping prevent additional tearing of the soft tissue away from the tibia. Compression not only reduces additional damage, it alleviates pain and enhances the healing process. In addition, targeted pressure will absorb stress to the tibia.
- Design Theory: Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome is the most popular form of shin splints. Because Medial Tibial Stress Sydrome occurs in the lower 1/3rd region of the tibia, it is important to target that region. The Shin Splint Compression Wrap's contoured design focuses compression on the soft tissue next to the tibia (where you need it) and keeps pressure off of the calf (where you don't need it). It can also be worn over the upper portion of the tibia to alleviate symptoms of Anterior Shin Splints. Includes Cool Max covered Felt compression strip for additional support.
- One size fits all
About Pro-Tec:Pro-Tec Athletics was founded January 1991 in Los Angeles, California and began with one product, the Knee Pro-Tec patellar tendon strap. Owner, and former professional volleyball player, Jeff Rodgers first began selling to the volleyball market. As the company grew, it expanded its product offering and reached out to new markets. The running market became the next frontier and Pro-Tec quickly capitalized on an opportunity manufacturing specialized supports for running injuries.
Located in Redmond, Washington, Pro-Tec Athletics offers over 59 products, ranging from highly effective orthopedic supports to breakthrough innovations in hot/cold and massage therapy. In addition to success in the volleyball and running markets, Pro-Tec Athletics benefits a wide range of sporting goods and sports medicine markets, including, but not limited to soccer, basketball, schools, athletic trainers, physical therapy, podiatry, orthopedic and chiropractic clinics.
Furthermore, Pro-Tec believes in offering more than just a “product on the shelf.” We are excited to provide injury information to expedite each individual's recovery.
Injury guides offering symptom identification, treatments, and strengthening and stretching exercises are available with most products to offer the individual a complete recovery package.
Pro-Tec also takes pride in separating itself from the competition by:
1) Recognizing injuries that other manufacturers overlook.
2) Product design that is unparalleled in comfort and effectiveness.
3) Being your injury information source.
4) Offering the best in customer service.
In 2012, Pro-Tec Athletics will maintain its innovative and leading edge by introducing several new products including the Travel Size Roller Massager and Y Roller, while continuing to improve existing product designs!
As an all-around leader for your sports medicine needs for injuries such as iliotibial band syndrome, plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis, just to name a few, Pro-Tec Athletics is prepared to do what it takes to keep you injury free, “supporting” your active lifestyle.