Designed to provide moderate support to the knee, the Pro-Tec Short Sleeve Knee Support helps to keep the knee warm, improve circulation and provides gentle compression
Open patella knee support | Help reduce knee pain | Provides moderate support | Targeted compression | U-shaped tubing within a Cool Max material | RRP: £16.50
Pro-Tec Short Sleeve Knee Support:
- General Application: Great for keeping the knee warm and providing moderate support.
- Medical Application: Pro-Tec Athletics' Short Sleeve is worn to reduce symptoms of tendinitis, arthritis, chondromalacia, and other knee ailments.
- How It Works: Short Sleeve provides compression to the knee region surrounding the patella. The sleeve provides warmth and promotes circulation, enhancing the healing process. In addition, this brace has an infrapatellar buttress which helps support the patella and may improve patellar tracking.
- Design Theory: Short Sleeve is not quite as hot or cumbersome as most knee sleeves because it is modified below the knee to reduce sweat. It includes an infrapatellar buttress, U-shaped tubing within a Cool Max material, to cradle the patella. The open patella is to keep unwarranted pressure off of the knee cap.
- Small (13"-14 '")
- Medium (14 '"-16")
- Large (16"-18")
(Circumference measured just above kneecap)
About Pro-Tec:Pro-Tec Athletics was founded January 1991 in Los Angeles, California and began with one product, the Knee Pro-Tec patellar tendon strap. Owner, and former professional volleyball player, Jeff Rodgers first began selling to the volleyball market. As the company grew, it expanded its product offering and reached out to new markets. The running market became the next frontier and Pro-Tec quickly capitalized on an opportunity manufacturing specialized supports for running injuries.
Located in Redmond, Washington, Pro-Tec Athletics offers over 59 products, ranging from highly effective orthopedic supports to breakthrough innovations in hot/cold and massage therapy. In addition to success in the volleyball and running markets, Pro-Tec Athletics benefits a wide range of sporting goods and sports medicine markets, including, but not limited to soccer, basketball, schools, athletic trainers, physical therapy, podiatry, orthopedic and chiropractic clinics.
Furthermore, Pro-Tec believes in offering more than just a “product on the shelf.” We are excited to provide injury information to expedite each individual's recovery.
Injury guides offering symptom identification, treatments, and strengthening and stretching exercises are available with most products to offer the individual a complete recovery package.
Pro-Tec also takes pride in separating itself from the competition by:
1) Recognizing injuries that other manufacturers overlook.
2) Product design that is unparalleled in comfort and effectiveness.
3) Being your injury information source.
4) Offering the best in customer service.
In 2012, Pro-Tec Athletics will maintain its innovative and leading edge by introducing several new products including the Travel Size Roller Massager and Y Roller, while continuing to improve existing product designs!
As an all-around leader for your sports medicine needs for injuries such as iliotibial band syndrome, plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis, just to name a few, Pro-Tec Athletics is prepared to do what it takes to keep you injury free, “supporting” your active lifestyle.