Our Review - Salomon X Ultra 3 Men:
The Salomon X Ultra series has always been a hugely popular trail walking shoe and this year it has been updated for the new season with even better outsole traction thanks to the Descent Control technology meaning you can take on even more demanding terrain.
The shoe is an excellent choice for everyday wear as well as low level walking and fast and light adventures into the hills. The shoe is built around Salomons extensive knowledge of ski, run and hiking so expect a technically proficient shoe. The X Ultra has a very comfortable feel straight from the box and its trainer like feel means it is light and comfortable for long periods of wear. Please note this is the NON-waterproof version.
Specifications - Salomon X Ultra 3 Men:
- Lacing system - Quicklace® - Minimalistic and strong lace for one-pull tightening. Easy-on, easy-off.
- Waterproofness - None
- Anatomical fit - Standard fit
- Weight (g) - 365
- Drop (in mm) - 11
- Advanced Chassis - A lightweight Advanced Chassis™, placed between the outsole and midsole, maximizes motion control, energy management and push-through protection for an efficient, stable and responsive ride.
- Welded upper - Stitch-free upper construction provides a smooth, glove-like, fit and feel.
- Chevron lugs - Lug design with deep penetration and multi-directional grip, improving traction on soft surfaces like mud or loose dirt.
- Contagrip® TD - For maximum traction on mixed terrain and extended durability, Contagrip® TD combines a deep, aggressive lug pattern with our most durable compound.
- EnergyCell - A high performance EVA foam that provides shock attenuation.
- Anti-debris Mesh - Tight mesh that prevents debris from being trapped between your foot and the footbed.
- Synthetic upper - Synthetic upper material provide great durability and protection for outdoor activities.
- Mesh and textile lining - A soft, breathable lining for extreme comfort.
- Lace pocket - Provides easy storage for the Quicklace™ lacing system.
- Protective toecap - A protective piece of rubber, leather or synthetic material over the toe area.
- SensiFit - SensiFit™ cradles the foot from the midsole to the lacing system, providing a secure, snug, and virtually customized fit all around the foot.
- Molded OrthoLite® - OrthoLite® insole technology provides superior cushioning, unmatched comfort, breathability and durability, and is one of the most cost-effective ways to upgrade the comfort and performance of your footwear.