Our View – Scarpa Delta GTX Men:
The Scarpa Delta is built to be tough and supportive for carrying a heavy backpack or long distance trekking but are equally at home on the fells and tracks. The Delta is traditionally bonded and lasted using a thick full grain leather upper which is tough and durable, Add to that the Gore-Tex membrane to back up the leather and waterproofing is exceptional.
A soft nubuck leather ankle cuff and tongue ensures the Delta is super comfortable for long distance walking comfort and built on the BD last the Delta is one of the broadest fitting Scarpa models, ideal for a slightly wider foot shape or those looking for extended comfort when the foot may swell.
The Vibram Biometric sole is a seriously tough and supportive outsole with a highly durable “trek” compound and two layers of PU for excellent cushioning. The additional TPU insert gives even greater torsional support, reducing foot fatigue especially when traversing.
Specifications – Scarpa Delta GTX Men:
- Winter Mountain Walk – 2, Mountain Walk – 3, Paths & Trails – 4, Fell Walk – 5, Hill Walk – 5.
- Sole - Vibram Biometric Trek
- Last - BD
- Upper - 2.4-2.6 mm Leather
- Lining – Gore-Tex
- Mid Sole - Comfort Flex
- Weight - 1520g Mens 42
- Insole - Viscoflex Activ fit
- Vibram Biometric - The new Vibram Biometric sole unit is anatomically designed for increased comfort ... Lightweight yet extremely sturdy
- Gore-Tex - Four seasons in a day gore-tex® performance comfort footwear will always keep you on the right track. It is durably waterproof and breathable.
- V-Flex - The "V-FLEX SYSTEM" is the ergonomic design of the upper on the ankle flex area. It allows a wider and more natural movement of the foot. The upper, in synergy with the lacing system, wraps the foot in an optimal way, offering the maximum comfort and support. Thanks to the "V-FLEX SYSTEM", we have further improved the overall comfort of the shoe and the capacity of the upper to adapt itself to the movement of the foot, even when walking on steep routes with heavy packs.
- Speed Lacing - The "SPEED LACING SYSTEM", integrated with the ergonomic design of the upper, allows the optimal adjustment of the internal volumes of the shoe and the perfect wrapping of the foot, in a simple and quick way, making the fit more precise and customised, offering to the user offering maximum confidence on any terrain.
- Flex Point - The Flex Point System allows your ankles complete freedom of movement, even in the stiffest of boots, whilst maintaining support and confidence on all terrains.
- ACTIVfit Technology - SCARPA's experience and research guarantee absolute comfort in the new "ACTIVfit Technology" line: absolute in the sense that it turns subjective wellbeing into objective comfort.
- Heel Tension System - The "HEEL TENSION SYSTEM" is an innovative system applied to the heel area of the upper part of the boot. It offers great stability and adaptability to the severe stress derived from steep routes.
- Ankle Padding - The "ANKLE PADDING SYSTEM" is made of a special "MEMORY FOAM" which allows the uppers to mould to the shape of the foot. This technical solution is very light and breathable, it keeps its dynamic memory in terms of last and thickness so it recovers its original shape after every use. Thanks to the "ANKLE PADDING SYSTEM" we have further improved the overall comfort of the shoe and the capacity of the upper to adapt itself to the foot, ensuring the best performance on any terrain.
- Autofit Collar - The AUTOFIT COLLAR, thanks to the ergonomic design of the collar and to the special padding, ensures the maximum adaptability and comfort of the upper, reducing the impact stress that rests on the Achilles and malleous area. Great performance and comfort on any terrain.
- Resoling Possible - Scarpa shoes and boots are built to the highest standard and should serve you for many years of use. However, just like tyres on a car, the rubber parts of a boot, shoe or rock shoe can wear down with use, and that’s why we offer a full re-sole service. Resoling not only extends the lifespan of your Scarpa footwear, it also returns it to it’s very best level of performance.