Our View – Scarpa SL Activ Men:
Built as a tough, durable hiking boot the Scarpa SL Activ has been in the range for a long time and now in its 9th generation the SL provides even more comfort whilst remaining solid, supportive and capable of being used with C1 walking crampons.
The SL Active is now built on Scarpa’s latest TM last which aims to provide a more secure heel and forefoot fit and the redesigned upper is made with a soft nubuck leather cuff which is cut away at the achilles to reduce pressure which together with a redesigned flex zone provides greater comfort on long mountain ascents and descents.
The main upper is made from 2.8mm Sherpa leather which is the toughest and most waterproof of any full grain leather Scarpa uses. Built as a one piece construction and impregnated with HS12 the boots provide extremely high levels of weather protection.
A revised speed lacing system ensures the foot is held securely without any pressure points and the soft lining provides additional comfort. Finally, the Vibram biometric trek sole is an excellent choice for traction in mixed conditions and ensures a solid footing even when carrying a heavy pack.
Specifications – Scarpa SL Activ Men:
- Winter Mountaineering – 1, Winter Mountain Walk – 5, Mountain Walk – 5, Paths & Trails – 2, Fell Walk – 4, Hill Walk – 5.
- Crampon Rating - B1
- Sole - Vibram Biometric Trek
- Last - TM
- Upper - Sherpa HS12 Leather
- Lining - Leather & Cocona
- Weight - 1612g Mens 42
- Insole - Performance Flex Plus
- Vibram Biometric - The new Vibram Biometric sole unit is anatomically designed for increased comfort ... Lightweight yet extremely sturdy
- Stifness Rating B1 - Boots and crampons are designed to work together, dependeing on their intended end use. Find out more about the rating of these boots
- ACTIVfit Technology - SCARPA's experience and research guarantee absolute comfort in the new "ACTIVfit Technology" line: absolute in the sense that it turns subjective wellbeing into objective comfort.
- Heel Tension System - The "HEEL TENSION SYSTEM" is an innovative system applied to the heel area of the upper part of the boot. It offers great stability and adaptability to the severe stress derived from steep routes.
- Ankle Padding - The "ANKLE PADDING SYSTEM" is made of a special "MEMORY FOAM" which allows the uppers to mould to the shape of the foot. This technical solution is very light and breathable, it keeps its dynamic memory in terms of last and thickness so it recovers its original shape after every use. Thanks to the "ANKLE PADDING SYSTEM" we have further improved the overall comfort of the shoe and the capacity of the upper to adapt itself to the foot, ensuring the best performance on any terrain.
- Autofit Collar - The AUTOFIT COLLAR, thanks to the ergonomic design of the collar and to the special padding, ensures the maximum adaptability and comfort of the upper, reducing the impact stress that rests on the Achilles and malleous area. Great performance and comfort on any terrain.