Our View - Silva Expedition Compass:
The Silva Expedition Compass range has always been hugely popular thanks to its fully featured design and high levels of accuracy. The new version of the Expedition has seen subtle changes to the usability thanks to increased graphic visibility and now includes a slope card and scale lanyard.
Aimed at experienced hikers and mountaineers the Expedition is highly accurate and durable making it ideal for challenging conditions. The Dryflex housing, silicon rubber feet ensure precision map work and the luminous markings make it usable in the dark. A magnifying lens, a clinometer for measuring slope angle, map-measuring scales in mm or inches, 1:25,000, 1:50,000 and GPS scales, plus built-in adjusters for magnetic declination (including permanent local adjustment) make the Expedition extremely versatile. It can also map-measure 1:40,000.
If you want a traditional baseplate compass with high-end features, the Expedition should be your choice.
Specifications - Silva Expedition Compass:
- Upgraded version
- Scale lanyard - 2 scales, soft and bendable, easy to place directly on to your route on the map.
- Slope card - Calculate avalanche risk, determine how challenging your journey will be
- New graphics - More distinct, easier to read
- Detachable safety-release scale lanyard
- Declination adjustment
- Permanent adjustment for local magnetic declination
- Magnifying lens
- Scales - 1:25k, 1:40k, 1:50k, GPS scales, Lanyard; 1:25, / 1:50, mm, inch
- Silicon friction feet
- Weight - 50g