Our View - Ultimate Direction Adventure Vest 4.0:
Ultimate Direction have become the go to brand for trail running packs and the updates this season with the Signature Series 4.0 appear only to strengthen this position.
The Adventure Vest is the largest in the range with a cavernous 16.4 litre capacity which is plenty enough space to carry all your gear for lone adventures and ultra-races. Yet the weight of the pack has been kept down to a remarkable 277g (without bottles)! This has been achieved by using the latest and best fabrics available. The 4-way stretch material moves precisely with your body so you’ll never know you are wearing the pack.
The big introduction to the Signature Series 4.0 packs is the New Comfort Cinch™ technology which provides a precision adjustable custom fit with easy on-the-go adjustment so you can make changes to how the pack fits if you remove or add gear without needing to remove it.
The Adventure Vest 4.0 has bags of carrying options and each are strategically position for easy carriage and access to whet you need when you need it! On the front there are two large pockets, one deigned to fit the Ultimate Direction soft bottle (one Body Bottle 500 is supplied) perfectly and the other with a zip closure that take a soft flask too. As well as the two big pockets on the front, there are also numerous smaller zip and mesh pockets for smaller items such as gels, beacons, phone etc. The redesigned pole holders mean you can stash poles quickly and efficiently out of the way.
On the back, storage options are also extensive with the large zip closed compartment providing a large volume of secured storage and on top of that there is also a stuff mesh pocket covered with bungee cord that can be used to hold loads in place and attach additional items. At the back there is a separate zip closed bladder section for quick and easy re-filling of your reservoir if you choice to use one.
The all new Ultimate Direction Adventure Vest 4.0 really does set a new standard in trail running packs both in terms of fit and features. It is designed to be a part of you rather than an addition so you can forget about it and get on with your adventures.
Specifications - Ultimate Direction Adventure Vest 4.0:
- Sliding rail sternum straps
- Bottle holsters tighten to carry phone or camera
- Stretch mesh pockets are phone compatible
- Redesigned trekking pole holder minimizes bounce and snaps out of the way when not in use
- New Comfort Cinch™ technology provides a custom fit with easy on-the-go adjustment
- 4-way stretch material with dissolved thread stretches to fit more and is lighter than ever
- Personal locator beacon pockets for secure FKT attempts
- Volume Capacity: 1000.78 in3 / 16.4 L
- Weight With Bottles: 11.02 oz. / 312 g
- Weight Without Bottles: 9.77 oz / 277 g
- 150g Flex Mono Mesh
- MicroMono Mesh
- 30D Nylon 66 sil/pu
- 4-way stretch Nylon/elastane with disolved thread for increased breathability
Sizing - at chest (Unisex):
- SMALL: 23 - 32 in. / 58 - 81 cm
- MEDIUM: 30 - 39 in. / 76 - 99 cm
- LARGE: 37 - 46 in. / 94 - 117 cm
- Measure wearing the clothes you intend to wear & a vest full of gear will fit smaller