Our View - Ultimate Direction Adventure Vest 5.0:
With a really well thought out pocket configuration the Ultimate Direction Adventure Vest is the largest pack in the Signature Series 5.0 vest range with 17 litres of carrying capacity. If you are taking part in epic ultra-races or your own mini adventures then this is a fantastic pack to meet your needs.
The main compart is large enough for clothing, food and additional kit. The stretch mesh pockets and bungee can be used to add extra gear you may need to stash and the really well designed front pocket configuration means you will always have access to the items you need when you need them.
The Adventure Vest 5.0 comes with a single 500ml soft flask on the front shoulder and a zip closed burrito pocket on the opposite side for storing valuables. Poles are easy to attach and deploy from the pole loops and the bungee cord can be used to compress the load as well as lash further clothing. This season the Adventure vest 5.0 also features a brand new Rain Fly to provide protection for your gear when the weather turns.
As with all the Signature Series 5.0 packs the Adventure Vest features the new Comfort Cinch 2.0 technology that retains the exceptional adjustability of the original game-changing technology with a smooth, less intrusive construction. You’ll be hard pressed to find a pack of this size that fits as well as this, it really is a precision, personalised fit.
If you want a large capacity trail running pack for training or racing then the new Ultimate Direction Adventure 5.0 is going to be hard to beat in terms of fit, features and comfort.
Specifications - Ultimate Direction Adventure Vest 5.0:
- Upgraded sliding rail sternum straps for easy single-handed use
- Front storage for hydration, fuel and valuables
- Front stretch mesh pockets are phone compatible
- Comfort Cinch™ 2.0—more minimal, lightweight, and adjustable
- Shoulder strap shaping to promote weight distribution and comfortable fit
- Lightweight 4-way stretch with rip stop pattern for added durability
- Front pocket for the Body Bottle™ 500 and a zip-secure burrito pocket
- Integrated rain fly for inclement weather and will secure items to the outside in a pinch
- Weight - 269 g / 9.5 oz
- Volume – 17.0 L / 1038 in3
- Secured Volume – 11.6 L / 708 in3
- Unsecured Volume – 5.4 L / 330 in3
- Bottles – 1 x Body Bottle™ II 500
- MATERIALS - Flex Mono Mesh, MicroMono Mesh, 30D Nylon 66 Sil/pu, 4-way stretch Nylon/elastane with dissolved thread for increased durability
- SIZES - SMALL = 58-81 cm/23-32in; MEDIUM = 76-99 cm/30-39in; LARGE = 94-117 cm/37-46in