Our Review - Ultimate Direction Fastpack 30
The Ultimate Direction Fastpack 30 is the latest model from the Fastpack range. Ultimate Direction has been developing the Fastpack range based on inspiration from the Signature series running packs. They are lightweight, form fitted and laid out to offer access to all the essential features while on the move. The Ultimate Direction Fastpack 30 has a useable capacity for year round hikes. Its roll top main compartment is well thought out - it offers a good degree of weather protection whilst also being designed to compress smaller loads - making this pack versatile for capacities between 20 and 30 litres.
As with all the UD pack range, the design focus has been on making features accessible whilst wearing the pack. The Ultimate Direction Fastpack 30 has clearly been inspired by the signature series running pack range. It offers Hydration, phones, snacks and other items are all easy to access without the need to take the pack off.
We really like the attention to detail with this pack. Comfort is one area that has not been missed. The inside panel is made from a variable knit mesh - all in one piece! (they call this 'Infiknit') - this means that all the contact areas to the body have been mapped (with more breathable mesh in key areas) and there are no seams to catch, chafe or wear.
Specifications - Ultimate Direction Fastpack 30
- Infiknit harness - continuous, seamless back panel/shoulder strap
- Main roll-top compartment - 20L to 30L
- Rear stretch-mesh pocket
- Low-profile daisy chain system
- Water bottle compatible front pockets
- Dual adjustable sternum straps
- Side straps
- Integrated side compression Z-straps
- Removable foam back panel
- Available in 2 sizes - Chest - S/M: 24" - 40" / 58 cm - 91 cm / M/L: 32" - 46" / 81 cm - 112 cm
- Measure wearing the clothes you intend to wear
- Capacity: 20L - 31L / 1220 - 1892 cubic inches
- Weight: 24.8 oz / 700g
- Dimensions: 24.4" x 11.4" x 10.4" / 62 cm x 29 cm x 26.5 cm