Our view - Ultimate Direction Hardrocker Vest 2018:
A true test of endurance the Hardrock 100 race is run in some of the most demanding conditions in the world high in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado and to succeed you need kit that you can rely on. The limited edition Ultimate Direction Hardrocker Vest has been specially commission to meet these unique demands and commemorate the challenge of the race.
The big new introduction to the Hardrocker Vest is the Comfort Clinch technology that allows micro adjustments to the fit on the fly via a cord system in the lower back of the pack. This really is a big step forward for the precise fit of trail running vests and makes the pack really feel like a piece of clothing with minimal movement and bounce on the move.
Every Ultimate Direction pack we have tested has impressed us immensely and the Hardrocker is no different. The materials and design have been carefully thought out and every detail examined and tested by people who actually use them. With a capacity capable of carrying all the required kit, the Hardrocker Vest has a large zip closed main compartment with a wide opening to allow you to see the contents with ease. Additional kit can be quickly and securely stowed in the large external stretch mesh pocket on the back as well as under the bungee cord covering it. The bungee doubles as a load compressor should you need to use the pack with a smaller amount of contents.
On the front of the pack are two soft flask pockets with two 20oz flasks included. Each soft flask pocket is covered with stretch mesh pockets ideal for carrying essential food items. Lower down and on each side section there are zipped and stuff pockets for other items you need to hand as well as. Pole holders and ice axe loops complete the carrying elements to make this a truly complete mountain bag.
The materials used to make the Hardrocker are some the lightest and toughest available. The back and harness sections provide ultimate breathability and security of the pack thanks to the Hex and Power Mesh which is also hydrophobic to prevent moisture absorption. The main section is made from Waterproof nylon Taffeta to help keep contents dry whilst remaining highly resistant to abrasion and lightweight.
The Hardrocker really is a great introduction to the new features that are sure to be common place in race vests in future years. Get yourself ahead of the game with this brilliant pack!
Specifications - Ultimate Direction Hardrocker Vest 2018:
- Sliding Rail Sternum Straps
- Dedicated spot to hold Spot Tracker in an ideal position (high on the shoulders)
- Phone compatible pockets
- Improved on-the-go trekking pole holders reduce bouncing
- Emergency Whistle
- Soft & Flexible knit mono-mesh harness
- Mesh pockets for wet or voluminous gear
- Secure lateral pockets
- Double ice axe loops
- Comfort Cinch Technology guarantees the best fit every time
- 210T Waterproof Nylon Taffeta – 60D Silpoly: greater strength and abrasion resistant with low weight
- Hex Mesh – MonoRip Mesh: breathable, non-stretch, and hydrophobic this lightweight monofilament mesh is ideal for bounce-free load carrying
- Power Mesh – 320g Darlington Power Mesh: increased support and durability in the harness and key wear locations
- Volume Capacity: 13L (10L Secure + 3L Unsecure)
- Fluid Capacity: 2 x 20oz bottles
- Weight: 325g
- Dimensions: Height = 12in, Width = 9in, Depth = 5in
- SIZING: Small – 23-33”; Medium = 31-39”; Large = 36-44”