Our View - Ultimate Direction Race Vest 4.0:
If you need to carry fluid and a few essentials but don’t like a waist pack then the Ultimate Direction Race Vest 4.0 is a great alternative. The smallest and most stripped back pack in the Ultimate Direction Signature 4.0 Series, the Race Vest is aimed at shorter training runs and supported events where you want to carry a few essentials but don’t need a full kit list.
Up front there are two bottle holder pockets that come with two Body Bottle 500’s and the pockets can be pulled in to create secure pockets for other items when you don’t need fluid. There are also stretch mesh and zipped pockets for small items that you want to access quickly such as gels or phone.
At the back there are zip closed pockets that you can carry small items of kit in and all pockets are positioned so that you can access them without having to take the pack off. The Race Vest 4.0 as with all the Ultimate Direction feature the re-designed pole holders that position the stowed poles in a convenient position so as not to interfere with your running action.
Fit wise, the Race Vest has included the brilliant new Cinch Technology that allows you to adjust the fit if the pack on the go and with very small increments so you get a bounce free, friction free fit.
If you want an alternative to a bumbag or waist based hydration pack then the Ultimate Direction Race Vest 4.0 is well worth a look.
Specifications - Ultimate Direction Race Vest 4.0:
- Lightweight T-Hook adjustable sternum straps
- Bottle holsters tighten to carry phone or camera
- Stretch mesh pockets are phone compatible
- Redesigned trekking pole holder minimizes bounce and snaps out of the way when not in use
- New Comfort Cinch™ technology provides a custom fit with easy on-the-go adjustment
- 4-way stretch material with dissolved thread stretches to fit more and is lighter than ever
- Upper back is open for maximum ventilation and minimal weight
- Volume Capacity: 324.04 in3 / 5.31 L
- Weight with Bottles: 8.14 oz. / 189 g
- Weight without Bottles: 4.19 oz. / 119 g
- 150g Flex Mono Mesh
- MicroMono Mesh
- 30D Nylon 66 sil/pu
- 4-way stretch Nylon/elastane with dissolved thread for increased breathability
Sizing - at chest (Unisex):
- SMALL: 23 - 32 in. / 58 - 81 cm
- MEDIUM: 30 - 39 in. / 76 - 99 cm
- LARGE: 37 - 46 in. / 94 - 117 cm
- Measure wearing the clothes you intend to wear & a vest full of gear will fit smaller