Our View - Ultimate Direction SJ Ultra Vest 3.0:
The Ultimate Direction SJ Ultra Vest 3.0 has seen several updates to make the best selling race vest even better! Tested to its limits by trail record breaking runner Scott Jurek the pack has everything you need to keep you going all day long and nothing that you don't. With a 6.25 litre capacity and two front mounted soft flasks the pack has ample space for essential gear, food and fluid.
The vest style design ensures that the pack sits close to the body and moves with you ensure minimal movement and reduced risk of rubbing and chaffing. The pack fit is adjustable via two sternum straps and wide straps on either side. Gear is carried in the expandable mesh main compartment and the overlaying bungee cord doubles as additional stowage and as a pack compressor to keep the load stable.
As well as two front mounted soft flasks the front also features multiple pockets both zipped and mesh for secure carriage of valuables and easy access to gels and snacks. There are pole holders that are designed to be used on the move and the flask holders can double as additional pockets.
Specifications - Ultimate Direction SJ Ultra Vest 3.0:
- Adjustable sternum straps
- Bottle holders with closures
- Bottle holders can tighten to carry a phone or camera
- Also features phone compatible pockets
- Pole holders on front of pack
- Soft, flexible knit mono-mesh straps/vest
- Hydration pouch with a lower pocket for storage
- Volume Capacity: 6.25L
- Weight: 273 g
- Height: 46 cm
- Width: 28 cm
- Depth: 14 cm
- 150g Knit Mono Mesh for soft straps and back
- 180g Darlington Power Mesh - ideal for stretch and hard wear.
- SilNylon/66: Out fabric that's thin, light, tough and waterproof
- S 24" - 39" / 60cm - 100cm
- M 28" - 43" / 70cm - 110cm
- L 31" - 51" / 80cm - 130 cm
- Remember to take measurements wearing the clothes you usual use on runs and that packs fit smaller packed with gear
- Do call if you need any advice on sizing