Our View - Ultimate Direction Ultra Jacket Men:
The Ultimate Direction Ultra jacket has become well established in the trail and ultra running world thanks to its high levels of protection, reliability and durability. The updated version sees and increase in breathability and ventilation as well as tweaks to the design to include a new two-tone colourway and increased reflective detailing.
With fabric that boasts a 30,000mm water entry pressure and 30,000 moisture vapor transmission rate, the Ultra Jacket exceeds the standards required for one of the toughest of endurance events the Ultra Tour du Mont Blanc and ensure you stay protected from both the outside and in.
Weighing only 186g and packing down into its own chest pocket this is a jacket that is equally useful to have in your pack “just in case” as well as to wear all day in continuous rain.
The hood on the Ultra Jacket uses the Tunnel EffectTM design which ensures a close fit that moves with your head so as not to interfere with your sight and also features ventilation elements to enhance airflow.
Retained from the previous versions of the Ultra Jacket are the integrated hand covers which proved a huge hit with our customers to add an additional layer of protection to the vulnerable hands. When not needed these sit flat inside the sleeve so you won’t even notice they are there.
The last updates to the Ultimate Direction Ultra Jacket are sure to see what is already regarded as one of the best waterproof trail jackets available retain this position. If you want a jacket that is perfectly suited to training and racing in the worst conditions, then this is a great choice.
Specifications - Ultimate Direction Ultra Jacket Men:
- Weight 186g/6.5oz
- Relaxed Fit
- Waterproof breathable jacket with 30,000g/m2/24hr moisture vapor transmission rate & 30,000mm water entry pressure
- Exceeds breathability & waterproof standards required by the Ultra Tour Du Mont Blanc
- Integrated Flip MittsTM provide warmth in cold or wet conditions
- Tunnel EffectTM hood with ventilation allows ideal airflow while keeping rains out
- Peristatic underarm vent pumps in cool air & pumps out warm air during natural arm movement
- Packs into interior chest pocket
- PFC-Free DWR