Our View - Ultimate Direction Ultra Vest 4.0:
Re-designed this year the Ultimate Direction Ultra Vest is designed to carry all the kit you need for an ultra-race or serious running adventure in the hills and dales. With 10 litres of capacity of which the majority is secured, the Ultra Vest is great for pushing the pace without worrying about your kit.
The MicroMono mesh fabric has a 4-way stretch to it that ‘moulds’ to your body and moves with it rather than against it preventing irritation. All the materials have been specifically chosen to be ultra-lightweight but without compromising durability because these are packs that are designed to take you to challenging environments. The biggest update to the Signature Series 4.0 is the introduction of the unique Comfort Cinch™ technology that allows you to adjust the fit of the pack in small increments and without needing to take the pack of to make adjustments, you simple pull the cords at the base of the pack and it ‘cinches’ in to keep the pack close to your back and prevent unwanted movement and bounce.
Feature wise the Ultra Vest is packed! Up front it has two bottle pockets with 2 Body Bottle 500’s supplied providing a litre of fluid right at hand. When not used for the bottles the pockets can be pulled closed to carry other items securely. There are numerous smaller zip and mesh pockets on the front for essentials such as nutrition, phone, tracker, keys etc that you need to access quickly as well as a whistle in case of emergencies. Poles can be easily and efficiently attached to the pack in such a way that they don’t interfere with your running action a crucial aspect for anyone wanting to have the ability to use poles in certain situations.
The main storage compartment at the back is zip closed with a bungee cord covering the upper section to allow you to compress the contents if not fully filled or attach items for carriage between aid stations if you decide to take a layer off for example.
The Ultimate Direction packs have always been hugely popular and the updates to the latest Ultra Vest is sure to continue this trend thanks to its excellent fit, design and race inspired features.
Specifications - Ultimate Direction Ultra Vest 4.0:
- Lightweight T-Hook adjustable sternum straps
- Bottle holsters tighten to carry phone or camera
- Stretch mesh pockets are phone compatible
- Redesigned trekking pole holder minimizes bounce and snaps out of the way when not in use
- New Comfort Cinch™ technology provides a custom fit with easy on-the-go adjustment
- 4-way stretch material with dissolved thread stretches to fit more and is lighter than ever
- Soft and flexible knit mono-mesh harness
- Volume Capacity: 629.76 in3 / 10.32 L
- Weight with Bottles: 6.69 oz. / 230 g
- Weight without Bottles: 5.64 oz. / 160 g
- 150g Flex Mono Mesh
- MicroMono Mesh
- 30D Nylon 66 sil/pu
- 4-way stretch Nylon/elastane with dissolved thread for increased breathability
Sizing - at chest (Unisex):
- SMALL: 23 - 32 in. / 58 - 81 cm
- MEDIUM: 30 - 39 in. / 76 - 99 cm
- LARGE: 37 - 46 in. / 94 - 117 cm
- Measure wearing the clothes you intend to wear & a vest full of gear will fit smaller