Our View - Ultimate Direction Ultra Vest 5.0:
The Ultimate Direction Ultra Vest is where it all started for the brand in terms of trail running vests and it’s clear to see why; it’s a vest that’s an ideal size for a wide range of occasions from long training runs to supported ultra-races.
With 10.8 litres of capacity the Ultra Vest 5.0 can easily carry all the essentials you need to cover most event checklists with room for a few extras when needed. Up front there is the easy to access and use 500ml soft flasks giving you a litre of fluid to hand. There is also multiple smaller pockets for gels, phone and essentials you may need to access on the go.
Fit wise the new Comfort Cinch 2.0 is a refined version of the excellent original Cinch Fit technology with a lower profile and lighter weight design making it even more comfortable to wear. You’ll be hard pressed to find a pack that allows you to get a better personalised fit that the Ultimate Direction Signature Series 5.0 vests.
If you want a trail running pack that has all the essentials covered then the Ultimate Direction Ultra Vest 5.0 may well be the best option for you.
Specifications - Ultimate Direction Ultra Vest 5.0:
- Upgraded sliding rail sternum straps for easy single-handed use
- Front storage for hydration, fuel and valuables
- Front stretch mesh pockets are phone compatible
- Comfort Cinch™ 2.0—more minimal, lightweight, and adjustable
- Shoulder strap shaping to promote weight distribution and comfortable fit
- Lightweight 4-way stretch with rip stop pattern for added durability
- Small weather resistant pocket on shoulder strap for lip balm, tablets, and small essentials
- Weight - 180 g / 6.3 oz
- Volume – 10.8 L / 659 in3
- Secured Volume – 7.0 L / 427 in3
- Unsecured Volume – 3.8 L / 232 in3
- Bottles – 2 x Body Bottle™ II 500
- MATERIALS - Flex Mono Mesh, MicroMono Mesh, 30D Nylon 66 Sil/pu, 4-way stretch Nylon/elastane with dissolved thread for increased durability
- SIZES - SMALL = 58-81 cm/23-32in; MEDIUM = 76-99 cm/30-39in; LARGE = 94-117 cm/37-46in