Our View - Ultimate Direction Ultra Vesta 5.0:
Building on the success of the previous Ultimate Direction Ultra Vesta range the new version has taken the feedback from customers and athletes to further improve the pack increasing durability and adjusting the design of the Comfort Cinch adjustable fit system to make it lighter and less intrusive. We loved the original Cinch System for its precise and easy on the move adjustments and the new sleeker system looks even cleaner and smoother.
The overall fit of the pack has been tweaked slightly with the feedback from female users so that the shoulder straps promote better weight distribution and a more comfortable fit. The front sternum straps have also been changed to provide a more secure closure and less chance of movement when on the go but with the same level of personalised positioning.
Maintaining a similar 10.3 Litre capacity the Ultra Vesta 5.0 is more than capable of carrying all your compulsory ultra-race kit and more. 6.8 Litres of this is secured capacity too mainly in the form of the large back compartment and handy front shoulder pockets that include one that is weatherproof. Additional unsecured capacity if provided by the large stretch mesh pockets and front stuff pockets for hydration bottles and other essentials you need close to hand.
Hydration is taken care of by 2 new 500ml Body Bottle II that sit securely in the front pockets and can be easily removed and replaced as needed. Fuel can be stashed in the small mesh pockets overlaying the bottle pockets meaning you’ll have everything you need right there.
The Ultimate Direction Vesta was the original trail running vest from the brand it continues to offer an excellent balance between carrying capacity, weight and comfort. If you’re doing longer races and training then this may well be the pack for you.
Specifications - Ultimate Direction Ultra Vesta 5.0:
- Upgraded lightweight hook and loop sternum adjustability
- Front storage for hydration, fuel and valuables
- Front stretch mesh pockets are phone compatible
- Comfort Cinch™ 2.0—more minimal, lightweight, and adjustable
- Shoulder strap shaping to promote weight distribution and comfortable fit
- Small weather resistant pocket on shoulder strap for lip balm, tablets, and small essentials
- Weight without bottles - 180 g / 6.3 oz
- Volume - 10.3 L / 629 in3
- Secured Volume - 6.8 L / 415 in3
- Unsecured Volume - 3.5 L / 214 in3
- Bottles - 2 x Body Bottle™ II 500
- MATERIALS - Flex Mono Mesh, MicroMono Mesh, 20D Nylon Sil, Nylon/elastane with rip stop for durability
- SIZES - XS/S = 53-92 cm/21-36in; SM/MD = 62-101 cm/24-40in; MD/LG = 71-108 cm/28-42in