Our View - Ultimate Direction Womens Ultra Jacket
Ultimate direction make great packs and were one of the originators of the hydration packs and latterly hydration vest and larger capacity running packs. They have always innovated and it’s always good. This is why when they told us they’d be making a waterproof jacket we sat up and took notice.
The Ultimate Directions Womens Ultra Jacket does the main bits (keeping you dry and giving you optimum breathability) and more besides. It’s designed for performance over long distances (from shorter training runs all the way through to events like the UTMB) and for running in the mountains.
The Women's jacket is worth mention too as it has a women's specific sizing and fit.
The mountain running features – running mitts and a decent, usable wire peak and hood with a unique ventilation system front-to-back through the hood really set this jacket apart from many others. Talk to us about it, it’s a great jacket.
Specifications - Ultimate Direction Womens Ultra Jacket
- Ergonomic shoulder construction enhances range of motion
- Exceeds the Breathability and Waterproof standard required by the Ultra Tour du Mont Blanc
- Fastbreath Ultra™ - waterproof/breathable fabric
- Fully-taped seams
- Internal chest pocket holds and protects iPhone 6 and features a headphone port
- Materials - 48gsm 20D HexNylon Fastbreath Ultra™ Fabric
- Patent-Pending FlipMitts™ - self storing mitts provide waterproof warmth
- Patent-Pending TunnelEffect™ hood channel for airflow and moisture management
- Self-bound seams provide superior durability
- Underarm vents provide ventilation and cooling while wearing a hydration vest
- Waterproof/Breathability - Over 12,000mm/Over 22,000g/m2 24hrs
- Weight - 5.3 oz / 153 g