Our View - Vaude Asymmetric 42+8:
The Asymmetric 42+8 is a mid-capacity hiking pack that is idea for hut to hut adventures, overnight camping trips or epic mountain adventures. It is also equally capable as a general travel pack when you want to carry gear across the world in comfort.
The Tergolight suspension system provides excellent load stability and a comfortable fit thanks to its integrated frame and Ergoshape shoulder straps. The pack is fully adjustable to a wide range of back lengths and a precision fit. The stable hip belt ensures stability and good load carry.
In addition to the spacious main compartment, which is also accessible from the front, the Asymmetric 42+8 also has a patch pocket for a map, rain jacket and other things that need to be quickly at hand. The adjustable and removable lid is outfitted with an easily accessible outer compartment and an internal valuables compartment.
The integrated bottom compartment is ideal for transporting dirty laundry or a sleeping bag. Compressions straps on the side and under the lid allow you to secure everything tightly. Gear loops accommodate both an ice pick and your trekking poles. Additional gear can be attached to additional attachment loops.
To protect the planet, the textile primary materials were manufactured with eco-friendly, resource-conserving methods and certified in accordance with the strict bluesign® system. The VAUDE Green Shape label stands for environmentally friendly, functional products made from sustainable materials.
Specifications - Vaude Asymmetric 42+8:
- Individually adjustable supportive back
- Ergoshape shoulder straps for optimal freedom of movement
- Padded hip belt with pocket
- Access to the main compartment also via zip
- Variable lid height
- Lid pocket
- Additional zip lid pocket inside
- Map pocket
- 2 outer mesh pockets
- Top compression strap
- Side compression straps
- Gear loops
- 2 pole attachment points
- Opening for hydration system
- Sternum strap with whistle
- Tergolight suspension system - Precise suspension system adjustment on the straps; Optimal load distribution with an integrated aluminum frame
- Volume Extension - This product or backpack features practical volume expansion - if you run out space, there's help close at hand.
- Main fabric: 79% Polyamide, 21% Polyester; 400 D Diamond Ripstop Polyurethane coated; Contrast fabric - Face: 100% Polyester (thereof 50% recycled); Coating: 100% Polyurethane; 600 D Polyurethane coated 50% recycled; Lining: 100% Polyamide; 200 D Polyurethane coated.
- PET Bottle Recycling - This product includes material that is made from recycled PET plastic bottles. The bottles are collected, cleaned, melted down and processed into high-quality yarn which we use to create brand-new products, helping to conserve both resources and energy. Find out more about recycled materials.
- Water repellent finish Eco Finish - This product features our water repellent Eco Finish. Applied to the surface of your VAUDE product, it causes rainwater to simply bead up on the surface – without the use of environmentally-harmful fluorocarbons (PFC). Eco Finish protects you from the rain and helps keep nature clean. Find out more about Eco Finish.