Our View - Vaude Women Prokyon 28:
The Vaude Prokyon 28 is a female specific backpack with a slightly shorter torso and narrower shoulders. The mid-sized backpack designed for dynamic activities as well as general hiking. The pack has a body-hugging design, so it moves really well with you.
The VentActive-Hike body contact back ensures a compact fit and the new EMP back panel inside the pack stabilizes the load and prevents your gear from pressing into your back. The ergonomic shoulder straps and narrow pack design offer excellent freedom of movement.
The main compartment holds everything you need for day tours; your hiking map fits into a pocket on the front. There's a safety pocket in the lid for keys, money or documents. The pack can be compressed with side straps when needed. A side stretch pocket takes your drink bottle, gloves or a hat.
High on Vaudes list of priorities is to be eco-friendly and the Prokyon scores well here too. This product is made with Eco Finish, an eco-friendly, fluorocarbon-free, water repellent finish (PFC-free). The VAUDE Green Shape label stands for environmentally friendly, functional products made from sustainable materials.
Specifications - Vaude Women Prokyon 28:
- Integrated EMP-back panel prevents pressure points and offers full flexibility
- Ergoshape women's shoulder straps for optimal freedom of movement; fit women and smaller torso lengths
- Lightweight hip belt with zip pocket
- Gear loop at hip belt
- Zip pocket in the lid
- Additional zip lid pocket inside
- Access to the main compartment also via zip
- Front zip pocket
- Side compression straps
- 2 side stretch pockets
- One pole attachment point
- Sternum strap with whistle
- Opening for hydration system
- Rain cover: included
- Vent Active Hike back system - Load transfer and pack stability with an ergonomic EMP back panel; Ventilation with air channels in the padding
- Ergonomic movement panel - Ergonomic movement panel: a lightweight, ergonomically shaped pack panel. The design allows forward movements while providing backward stabilisation. It stabilises the load carried and increases the pack stability of the backpack. Read more about EMP.
- Ergonomically shaped shoulder strap, wide in the shoulder support area and slim in the shoulder joint area. A perfect combination of comfort and freedom of movement.
- Material - Main fabric: 100% Polyamide; 210 D HT Maxi Ripstop Polyurethane coated; Contrast fabric: 100% Polyester; 600 D Polyurethane coated 50% recycled; Lining: 100% Polyamide; 200 D Polyurethane coated; Rain cover - Face: 100% Polyamide; Coating: 100% Polyurethane; 190 T Polyurethane coated.
- PET Bottle Recycling - This product includes material that is made from recycled PET plastic bottles. The bottles are collected, cleaned, melted down and processed into high-quality yarn which we use to create brand-new products, helping to conserve both resources and energy. Find out more about recycled materials.
- Water repellent finish Eco Finish - This product features our water repellent Eco Finish. Applied to the surface of your VAUDE product, it causes rainwater to simply bead up on the surface – without the use of environmentally-harmful fluorocarbons (PFC). Eco Finish protects you from the rain and helps keep nature clean. Find out more about Eco Finish.
- Weight: 1100 g
- Volume: 28 l
- Dimensions: 62 x 28 x 24 cm
- Load range: 3 - 8 kg