Our View - VJ Irock 3:
The VJ Irock has been a hugely popular choice for many of our customers looking for a really aggressive, grippy shoe for the fells and trails. The only limitation for some has been the narrow fit of the original models. In the Irock 3 VJ have addressed this by widening the toebox slightly to provide a little more space but they haven’t compromised on the precise fit and feel of the shoe so you can rest assured if you were a fan of the original you won’t be disappointed with the updates.
To ensure the Irock doesn’t loose that close fit version 3 also includes a new Fitlock system that locks the midfoot in place as well as anti-slip laces for a trusted tie-up. The inflexible upper is tough and doesn’t soak up water thanks to the Kevlar material.
Outsole wise there is little change and why would you change what is regarded as one of the grippiest, most reliable outsoles in the world? You can be confident crossing any terrain but the Irock is most at home on challenging, technical terrain.
Specifications -VJ Irock 3:
- For orienteering, trail running and obstacle course racing
- Narrow width
- Shaped insole
- Superior Contact outsole with cleats
- Sole made from butyl rubber
- Weight (UK 8): 240 g
- Drop 6 mm
- Fitlock - when talking about orienteering shoe, it is important the shoe feels snug and fits your foot so that you can safely move and turn where ever and whenever you want with a stabile feeling. FITLOCK supports the arch steadily. The rubber material of FITLOCK protects the inside of your foot against punches from beneath.
- Inflexible upper - When running off road, the circumstances are often extreme. Your foot should stay still in your shoe. Even though the terrain is wet our inflexible upper material provides a snug and comfortable fit for your feet.
- Butylrubber - Revolutionary grip without studs! In VJ’s studless shoe, Irock, the outsole material is made of butyl rubber. According tests made by our test runners, the grip is the best you can have without metal studs.