This website requires cookies to provide all of its features. To accept cookies from this site, please click the Allow button.
Our View - VJ MAXx:
The VJ MAXx is a highly cushioned, light-weight trail running shoe that is especially adept over longer distances. The upper is made of breathable sandwich mesh and reinforced with strong Kevlar fibres to provide excellent protection and durability.
VJ have become renowned for their sticky, grippy outsoles and the exceptional grip from the Superior Contact outsole made from VJ’s famous butyl rubber on the MAXx is no exception. The shoe provides confident climbing, descending and traversing on a wide range of technical terrain.
With a 6mm heel to toe drop the VJ MAXx feels fast and efficient despite its high levels of the cushioning. You’ll want to run fast in these shoes and that’s a great feeling!
Specifications -VJ MAXx:
- Trail- and mountain running
- Medium+ last
- Strengthened rubber toe-cap
- Full length RockPlate in midsole
- Cushioning units in front and heel
- Breathable kevlar strengthened mesh-upper
- 4mm butylrubber cleats
- Drop 6 mm
- Fitlock - When talking about off-road running, it is important the shoe feels snug and fits your foot so that you can safely move and turn where ever and whenever you want with a stabile feeling. FITLOCK supports the arch steadily. The rubber material of FITLOCK protects the inside of your foot against punches from beneath.
- Superior Contact – an outsole that guarantees you the best grip to be imagined. The lugs on the outsole are placed classically to provide good grip but are spread far enough apart to easily shed mud, clay, snow and rocks. In the middle of the outsole there is a special track from toes to heel providing better grip on wet terrain than sleek outsole. Starstuds made from hard metal finish the outsole.
- Inflexible upper - When running off road, the circumstances are often extreme. Your foot should stay still in your shoe. Even though the terrain is wet our inflexible upper material provides a snug and comfortable fit for your feet.
- Butylrubber - Revolutionary grip without studs! In VJ’s studless shoe, Irock, the outsole material is made of butyl rubber. According tests made by our test runners, the grip is the best you can have without metal studs.