Our View - VJ Ultra:
The VJ Ultra provides the ultimate cushioning and comfort for the trails. If you want a well cushioned trail running shoe for extra protection or ultra-distance events but you don’t want to compromise on weight or responsiveness then the VJ Ultra is for you.
We have been so impressed with the VJ Trail running range and we have high expectations for the Ultra which fills their void in the maximal cushioning area. Developed with input from elite runners, the VJ Ultra is made for longer distances, but is equally impressive over shorter distances when you want a little extra cushioning and protection.
VJ have always excelled with their grip and the Superior Contact outsole is made of their infamous butyl rubber to ensure you’ll feel secure and confident in all conditions. Built on the medium + last the fit is going to suit a wide range of runners thanks to its slightly more spacious toebox.
Specifications -VJ Ultra:
- Activity - Trail Running, Swimrun, Obstacle Course Racing, Sky Running
- Fit Scale - 4
- Midsole stack - 22mm/16mm
- Outsole - Superior Contact
- Upper - 22% DuPont Kevlar®, 78% Nylon
- Lug depth - 4mm
- Weight - 265g (UK 8)
- Fitlock ensures fit - Innovative system designed to improve the fit of the shoe, making it feel like part of your body. Integrated with the lacing, the Fitlock system tightens the shoe on the inside and under the arch of your foot.
- Durable mesh-upper with Dupont Kevlar® - Durable and breathable upper is a mix of Kevlar® fibers and nylon. It excels in the toughest of terrains and endures all conditions.
- Phenomenal grip - Superior Contact outsole is produced from our own special rubber ensures grip on all surfaces. These shoes are claimed to have The Best Grip on The Planet.