Our View – Woolpower Tee Lite:
The Woolpower Lite Tee is a lightweight, short-sleeved baselayer with an excellent fit and seams positioned to help prevent irritation. Thanks to the merino wool content this is a top that will keep you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm.
No man-made fibres have been able to replicate all the unique qualities of wool which is naturally anti-microbacterial and therefore doesn’t smell. It also keeps you warm if you get wet as the wool can absorb up to 30 per cent of its own weight in moisture without even feeling damp.
The lengthwise seams are placed further back for optimal comfort and the raglan sleeve design prevents any seam rub when carrying a backpack. The back is also longer to prevent gaps. Making this an excellent baselayer option for high intensity activities in both hot and cold conditions.
The Woolpower Tee Lite, as all Woolpower garments are sewn by Woolpower seamstresses in Östersund, and the fabric is knitted in Norrköping before that. The same seamstresses sew the entire garment from start to finish and when the garment is ready, they sew their own nametag into it. That’s why you always know who has sewn your Woolpower undergarment and the quality is there to be seen.
Specifications – Woolpower Tee Lite:
- The fabric used in the LITE range is knitted in Norrköping and then sewn by our seamstresses in Östersund.
- The seamstresses sew an entire garment from start to finish and mark the clothes they sew with their own nametag.
- No other man-made fabric has all the great qualities of wool.
- We take our wool from merino sheep that graze in the Argentinian part of Patagonia and Uruguay, and it is mulesing free.
- The fabric doesn’t smell bad if you sweat. Wool is self-cleaning and breaks down the bad-smelling bacteria from the skin. That’s why it doesn’t need to be washed so often.
- Wool fibres can absorb up to 30 per cent of their own weight in moisture before even feeling damp.
- Even if the material gets damp it continues to keep you warm anyway.
- Woolpower clothes can be washed at 60 degrees.
- Woolpower’s undergarments don’t itch and feel soft and comfortable against your skin.
- Merino wool 80%
- Polyamide 20%