Our View - Kahtoola INSTAgaiter Mid:
The updated Kahtoola INSTAgaiters Mid are a slightly higher trail running gaiter designed to offer a little bit of extra protection from debris entering the shoes and causing problems. They can also be worn with hiking boots making them even more versatile.
With a close fit and high levels of stretch the INSTAgaiters are a great choice for runners who don’t want to be aware they are wearing gaiters. An off-set zipper entry increases overall comfort by moving the zip location to one side.
Made from durable Stretch-Woven Nylon the gaiters are water resistant and the TPU instep strap is also durable but easily adjusted too for use with a variety of footwear. Additionally the INSTAgaiter Low packs down into its own tote bag for easy carriage and take up little space in a pack but can make a huge difference when needed.
Specifications - Kahtoola INSTAgaiter Mid:
- Adjustable and (if necessary) replaceable Instep Strap made from a durable thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU); Rounded design better interfaces with a variety of outsoles; Adjusts to fit different sizes and profiles of footwear
- Stretch-Woven Nylon Material is water-resistant and breathable; Lightweight, durable, and packs down easily
- Attached lace hook secures fit
- Asymmetrical Vislon Zipper for off-set entry provides increased comfort as the ankle flexes; Zipper slider folds down at the top and locks to prevent unzipping; Flap behind zipper offers extra comfort and moisture protection
- Elasticized Drawcord with toggle lock seals out elements from entering the top of the gaiter
- Soft undergarment stitching is comfortable against the skin
- Best Use: Running and hiking
- Weight (per pair): 2.3 oz/66 g (S/M), 2.6 oz/74 g (L/XL)
- Height: 5 in/12.7 cm
- Pack Size: 3” by 3” by 1.5”
- Tote sack included