Our View – Petzl Swift RL:
The brand new Petzl Swift RL is a compact, rechargeable headlamp with a multi-beam lighting system incorporating reactive lighting and offering a massive 900 lumens on max power.
It’s hard to believe a headlamp weighing only 100g can provide such exceptional light output but the Petzl Swift RL certainly delivers. Compared to most front battery loaded headlamps you hardly notice you have the Swift RL on you head, there is virtually no movement and the head unit feels exceptionally well balanced. This is also assisted by the really well-designed two-part headband that fits snuggly to the head meaning this is the perfect headtorch for dynamic activities such as mountaineering, trail running or skiing.
Reactive Lighting technology is designed to maximise your battery duration via a sensor that analyses ambient light and automatically adjusts the brightness to the condition. Essentially the Swift RL is easy to use and the single button operation controls all the lights functions. Easily rechargeable via the USB cable the light features a five-level gauge for precise monitoring of the battery charge level so you won’t run out of power at the crucial moment.
Specifications - Petzl Swift RL:
- Ultra-bright and lightweight: 900 lumens at only 100 g.
- Optimized comfort and burn time.
- Longer burn time, greater visual comfort and less manual operation with REACTIVE LIGHTING mode: the light sensor automatically adjusts brightness and beam pattern, optimizing battery usage
- Visual comfort, from the two beam patterns (flood or mixed) giving high-performance lighting for outdoor activities: proximity vision, movement and distance vision
- Comfortable wear, from the ergonomic adjustable headband with two-part construction (Petzl patent), for optimal stability during dynamic activities
- Reflective headband for night visibility
- Lithium-Ion 2350 mAh battery, rechargeable via the type B micro USB port, with battery charge indicator
- Intuitive and convenient to use
- Ease of use, with a single button providing control over all functions: ON/OFF, lighting modes, brightness and locking
- Choice of two lighting modes, selected with a long press: REACTIVE LIGHTING or STANDARD LIGHTING
- LOCK function to avoid accidentally turning it on during transit or storage, or to lock lighting settings during your activity
- Five-level gauge for precise monitoring of the battery charge level
- Headlamp can be tilted upward for seeing ahead when it is worn around the neck.
- Detachable, washable headband
- Light output: 900 lumens (ANSI-FL1 STANDARD)
- Weight: 100 g
- Technology: REACTIVE LIGHTING or STANDARD LIGHTING
- Beam pattern: flood or mixed
- Energy: 2350 mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (included)
- Charging time: 6 h
- Watertightness: IPX4 (weather-resistant)