Our View – Woolpower 400 Socks:
The Woolpower 400 Socks are merino wool socks with soft, comfortable terry knit feet and cuffs. This model is finished with a mid-calf height making them ideal for hiking boots.
Made using the Woolpower classic Ullfrotté Original 400 fabric the socks are warm and comfortable suitable for a wide range of uses including everyday wear, hiking, trekking and much more.
All Woolpower socks are manufactured entirely in Östersund, from yarn to finished product on our specially designed sock machines so quality is ensured.
No man-made fibres have been able to replicate all the unique qualities of wool which is naturally anti-microbacterial and therefore doesn’t smell. It also keeps you warm if you get wet as the wool can absorb up to 30 per cent of its own weight in moisture without even feeling damp.
Specifications – Woolpower 400 Socks:
- Wool from merino sheep that graze in the Argentinian part of Patagonia and Uruguay, and it is mulesing free.
- Wool keeps you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm.
- The fabric doesn’t smell bad if you sweat. Wool is self-cleaning and breaks down the bad-smelling bacteria from the skin. That’s why it doesn’t need to be washed so often.
- Wool fibres can absorb up to 30 per cent of their own weight in moisture before even feeling damp.
- Even if the material gets damp it continues to keep you warm anyway.
- Woolpower socks can be washed at 60 degrees
- Woolpower’s socks don’t itch and feel soft and comfortable against your skin.
- Merino wool 64%
- Polyamide 35%
- Elastane 1%