Our View - Black Diamond Distance 8 Backpack:
The Black Diamond Distance 8 Backpack has been designed as a fast and light mountain pack with all the features you need to make long days out safe and comfortable. The Distance pack combines the features of a running vest with unique features that enable you to carry the appropriate gear for technical mountain terrain.
Desined to enable you to mix trail runs with rocky scrambles and mountain adventures thanks to featherlight weight and high levels of comfort. Made from UHMWP 10x Ripstop Yarns the Distance’s fabric is literally 10-times stronger than steel per weight, while remaining so light it floats in water meaning it can take on the toughest challenges and come out unscathed!
The shoulder strap harness system utilises Stitch-less Edge Taping Technology so the shoulder strap edge binding is fully taped instead of sewn, meaning superior comfort, movement, and weight reduction. Also, the harness system is constructed with an adjustable, elastic-cording side compression system, which gives you a more secure ride while running scrambling and climbing.
A vest-like design includes dual flask pockets that fit two BD HydraPak® SoftFlask™ (sold separately) and a Deploy pocket to stash the BD Deploy Wind Shell. The large main compartment includes a quick Blitz-style main opening with a stash pocket to tuck away essentials, while a mesh divider wall can store a water bladder which can be guided through the pack’s hose routing.
On the pack’s exterior, the Distance 8 includes dual piolet/ice axe holsters, and dual Z-Pole quiver sleeves to stash your trekking poles when the terrain changes. Dual front stretch pockets are an extra place to stash nutrition or gear, making the Distance 8 an ultra-versatile pack for moving light and fast in the mountains.
Specifications - Black Diamond Distance 8 Backpack:
- Dynex (Nylon 100d + PE 200d) body material with Dynex Ripstop yarns for bomber tear resistance that is 10x stronger than steel per weight
- Quick Blitz-style main opening with slash pocket to tuck all excess skirt cording
- Stitch-less Edge Taping Technology for superior shoulder strap comfort, movement and weight reduction
- Dual side compression with reflective ticking
- Dual Piolet / ice tool carry with metal dogbone for secure pick attachment
- Dual Z-Pole Quiver Sleeves to securely carry trekking poles while running and scrambling
- Adjustable elastic cording side compression system for a more secure ride while running and scrambling
- BD.dry™ vapor barrier back panel lets sweat vapor escape while keeping pack contents dry
- Fully water resistant main compartment for high altitude / 4-season running and climbing
- Dual 4-way stretch zippered chest pockets with expandable volume and locking zipper pullers
- Dual soft flask pockets with BD branded HydraPak® 500ml SoftFlask™ (sold separately) made of ultra-durable, abrasion resistant TPU & RF welded seams for superior durability and elasticity
- 100% BPA & PVC free
- Dual front stretch pockets with elastic closure for nutrition storage
- Deploy pocket for the new Deploy Wind Shell
- Interior stretch mesh divider wall to hold alpine cordelette / water bladders
- Interior zippered security pocket for wallet and key storage
- Volume - 8 L (488 cu in)
- Weight - 355 g (12.5 oz)