Our View - Gregory Jade 38:
The Gregory Jade 38 offers huge levels of versatility for the hiker who wants a single pack to be capable of both big day trips into the mountains as well as fast and light overnight adventures.
It’s lightweight and fully-featured with a women’s specific design and comes in different back lengths with added adjustment too.
At 38 Litres, the Gregory Jade 38 is perfect for winter hikes with extra food and clothing and for summer nights out too. Being a women’s specific pack, the Gregory Jade 33 has a shorter back and well positioned straps – do check out the size guide for more information on how to measure for the right size.
Alongside the great sizing options the Gregory Jade 38 also features an excellent new back system. The Free Float suspension system incorporates adjustable torso length into its tensioned, open-air backpanel. Alongside ample padding on the back system, compression straps and stretch pockets around pack, the Gregory Jade 38 features extra pockets on the hip belt, an integrated rain cover and a snug lid with internal zipped pocket (and much more besides).
Specifications - Gregory Jade 38:
- Weight – 1.3 kg
- Dimensions - 20 x 60 x 35 cm
- Rain Cover Weight - 0.068 kg
- Max. Carry - 16 kg
- Volume - 38 L
- Materials - Body - 210D Honeycomb Cryptorip HD Nylon & 210D High Tenacity Nylon; Base - 630D High Density Nylon / 420D High Density Nylon; Harness/Hipbelt/Lumbar - Dual-Density Lifespan EVA Foam; Chasis Support - Perimeter Spring Steel Frame with anti-barreling cross stay System; Lining - 135D high-density embossed polyester
- Front heavy duty stretch mesh stash pocket
- Bottom side compression with pass through for uninhibited use of the side mesh pocket
- Zippered top pocket with reflective webbing attachment loops for finding your pack at night
- Custom Comfort Grip molded zipper pulls
- Sternum strap buckle with integrated safety whistle
- Sunglass QuickStow system on shoulder harness for quick, secure and scratch-free access to our shades without taking the pack off
- Oversized hipbelt pockets for cased cell phones and point-and-shoot cameras
- Full body U-Zip main opening on front of bag for easy unloading when you get to camp
- Dual side stretch mesh pockets
- Adjustable attachment loop and hook-attach shock lock for trekking poles or ice axes
- Custom fitted raincover included - stows in a quick access zippered pocket on underside of the top lid