Our View - La Sportiva Crossover 2.0 GTX - Men:
With winter coming the La Sportiva Crossover 2.0 GTX is a brilliant trail running shoe that provides exceptional protection from trail debris, water snow while still offering excellent traction on rough, challenging terrain.
The obvious difference between the Crossover and most other trail running shoes is the integrated gaiter. Being designed as an integral part of the shoe rather than an after sale addition the Crossover is able to offer the ultimate in protection from anything getting inside your shoes. It can’t simply push up from underneath as the gaiter is fully attached all the way round the shoe.
As well as the integrated gaiter the Crossover also features a GTX membrane throughout the shoe to keep water out in wet conditions. A really neat design is the extended, soft heel cup that stretches all the up to the top of the gaiter so there is no uncomfortable ridge or pressure point on the achilles or heel.
Not only does the shoe provide a shield against debris, it is also highly protective lower down too. There is a reinforced toebox and a highly durable rand all the way round the shoe to prevent rock damage.
Grip wise, the Crossover features the grippy FriXion AT outsole that is specifically aimed at winter conditions. It is also possible to customise the outsole with La Sportiva Spikes for use in snow and ice.
Sometimes shoes that feature debris protection are difficult to get on and off but this is not the case with the La Sportiva Crossover which has a full length zip all the way down to the toes meaning the laces are fully accessible.
In conclusion if you want a supportive, protective trail running shoe that is specifically designed to keep you comfortable in the harshest conditions then the La Sportiva Crossover is the perfect choice.
Specifications - La Sportiva Crossover 2.0 GTX - Men:
- Gaiter: Water-repellent fabric with YKK water-repellent transversal zip and integrated tension adjustment system.
- Upper: Mesh, abrasion resistant, non wicking uppers with an allround microfiber rand and liquid rubber protection rand and highdensity reinforcement at the rear.
- Lining: GORE-TEX® Construction.
- Midsole: In injected EVA with shock absorbing insert.
- Footbed: Ortholite Mountain Running Ergonomic.
- Sole: FriXion AT with Impact Brake System and AT Grip zone.
- Drop: 10 mm
- Weight: 740 g (pair, size 42)
- The most flexible athletic GORE-TEX® footwear ever
- A quick and precise lacing system thanks to the transversal zip and the stretch regulation system that prevents snow or mud from entering.
- Grippy sole with AT Grip zone for enhanced hold on snowy and icy terrain.
- “Easy-in” speed fitting system.