Our Review - Montane Extreme Jacket:
The Extreme Jacket has been designed and tested to withstand the harshest environments and, in the process, has become an icon of the modern outdoor world. Designed to be a single layer mountain smock, it is highly versatile and offers a huge amount of protection and comfort in extreme weather conditions.
It has been designed and built without compromise and the tested in extreme and hostile conditions for over 20 years by mountaineers, climbers and on multiple high Arctic and Antarctic expeditions, becoming trusted favourites of Mountain Rescue teams and outdoor professionals across the world.
The Pertex outer is windproof, water repellent, fast drying and breathable to provide an excellent barrier against the elements. The soft, warm DRYACTIV 3000 deep pile lining wicks away moisture, drys fast and will keep you warm even when its wet.
Despite its bulk the Montane Extreme Smock has been designed to allow unimpeded freedom of movement allowing you to get on with what you love. The full length zip of the jacket version is easy to get on and off the zip is baffled for maximum protection.
Specifications - Montane Extreme Jacket:
- Highly windproof, breathable and fast drying PERTEX® Classic 6 outer shell
- DRYACTIV 3000 deep pile lining throughout jacket that provides warmth, wicks sweat, dries fast and helps to retain body warmth even when wet
- Reinforced tough POLARDRI® Mini-Rip elbows to protect against rock abrasion
- Articulated arms for reach high movement and tailored specifically to reduce hem lift
- Fully adjustable and removable pile lined helmet compatible hood with three point adjustment and wired peak
- Two deep A-line hand-warmer pockets positioned clear of backpack or climbing harness belt
- MONTANE® Cross-Vent system to aid cooling whilst working hard
- Chest pocket for handy essentials in the mountains
- Full length, reversed and baffled two way YKK front zip for ease of use with a backpack or climbing harness
- Soft fleece beardguard at inner collar for extra comfort
- Adjustable cuffs with grab tabs for ease of use with gloves or mitts
- D-ring sewn at forearm to attach glove or mitt cord
- Adjustable hem to prevent spindrift entry and heat loss
- Reflective details for mountain safety
- Classic Fit - A versatile, relaxed fit.
- Weight – 1128g