Our Review - Petzl IKO Core:
The rechargeable IKO CORE headlamp takes lightweight headlamps to a whole new level. Weighing only 79g, the 500lumen light combines multiple technologies to make this a brilliant choice for dynamic nighttime activities.
Featuring an AIRFIT headband, an ultra-thin lamp body and an energy source worn in the rear, the headlamp is balanced and so comfortable you’ll hardly notice you have it on. The multiple LEDs are ideally distributed to provide uniform lighting, for optimal visual comfort.
The Petzl HYBRID CONCEPT means the IKO CORE comes with the CORE rechargeable battery but is also compatible with three AAA/LR03 batteries (not included).
It is highly versatile, as well as being a head torch it can also be worn around the neck, or transformed into a lantern, using the storage pouch. It can be flattened to reduce bulk, making it an extremely good choice for fast and light adventures.
Specifications - Petzl IKO Core:
- Light output: 500 lumens (ANSI-FL1 STANDARD)
- Weight: 79 g
- Beam pattern: flood or mixed
- Energy: 1250 mAh CORE rechargeable battery (included)
- Charging time: 3 h
- Battery compatibility: alkaline, lithium or Ni-MH rechargeable
- Watertightness: IPX4 (weather-resistant)
- Ergonomic and comfortable, thanks to the AIRFIT headband (Petzl patent) - innovative, streamlined design, with semi-rigid headband and ultra-thin lamp body. The battery pack is in the rear, to distribute the weight of the headlamp over the entire head, making it balanced and comfortable enough to be almost imperceptible
- Water-repellent headband, resists sweat and rain. The thin headband considerably reduces the area of contact and improves air circulation during dynamic activities
- Quick and easy rear adjustment
- Lightweight and powerful: 500 lumens at 79 g
- Multiple LEDs provide homogeneous light distribution
- Two beam types (flood or mixed) and many white brightness levels, to meet different user requirements: proximity lighting, movement and distance vision
- Three lighting levels, easily and quickly accessible with a single button
- Rechargeable - CORE battery charges via micro USB port
- HYBRID CONCEPT design: IKO CORE comes with the CORE rechargeable battery and also works with three standard batteries. The lamp detects the energy source and adjusts lighting performance (IKO CORE with CORE rechargeable battery= 500 lumens, IKO CORE with standard batteries = 350 lumens)
- Can be mounted in various ways, depending on use: worn on the head or around the neck, placed on a table, attached to a tent pole or tree...
- Storage pouch allows it to be transformed into a lantern
- Reflective components on rear make the user visible at night
- Battery charge indicator when lamp is turned on or off, for checking remaining battery life
- Two LOCK functions to avoid accidentally turning it on
- Can be flattened in its minimal pouch to reduce bulk
- Compatible with all Petzl helmets