Our Review - Tilly TWC7 Outback Waxed Cotton Hat:
The Tilly Outback Waxed Cotton Hat is a really practical adventure hat with ‘double passed’ waxed cotton fabric that gives the hat durability to go along with its timeless style. The Outback Hat is machine washable meaning you can keep it clean and fresh for the long haul.
Practical features of the Outback include a UPF rating of 50+ for sun protection, front and back wind cords to ensure the hat remains in place even in gusty conditions and grommets for ventilation. There is also a valuables pocket inside the hat for security and the hat will float should be accidently drop it into water.
Specifications - Tilly TWC7 Outback Waxed Cotton Hat:
- Maximum sun protection - fabric is certified UPF 50+, the highest given
- It’s washable! Made with a synthetic wax finish that can stand up to washings
- Staying dry - the water-repellent waxed finish keeps off the rain
- Lots of character - this fabric will age with you
- Front & back wind cords system secures Hat in gusty conditions
- Hydrofil® sweatband to wick moisture away
- Grommets for extra ventilation
- Keep valuables safe in the secret pocket
- Buoyancy – stays afloat in water
- Made in Canada
- Brim size: Front: 2 5/8”; Back: 2 3/4"; Sides: 2 1/8"
- Weight: 4.7 oz / 133 g
- Fabric: 100% cotton with wax finish
- Care: Machine wash delicate or hand wash. Re-shape by hand. Air dry. Do not bleach. Wash it frequently or non-removable sweat stains will mar it & possibly rot it. Every few washes tumble dry low heat for a few minutes to rejuvenate the wax finish.