Our View – Woolpower 800 Socks:
The Woolpower 800 Socks are heavyweight, really warm merino wool socks with soft, comfortable terry knit feet and cuffs.
The Woolpower 800 Socks are made using terry knit Ullfrotté 200-800g/m2 and the flat knit LITE fabric. Both knitting techniques provide excellent insulating functionality and retain warmth even when wet. The fabrics absorb and move perspiration away from the skin while still keeping the feet warm. They also contain polyamide which increases shape stability and durability.
All Woolpower socks are manufactured entirely in Östersund, from yarn to finished product on our specially designed sock machines so quality is ensured.
No man-made fibres have been able to replicate all the unique qualities of wool which is naturally anti-microbacterial and therefore doesn’t smell. It also keeps you warm if you get wet as the wool can absorb up to 30 per cent of its own weight in moisture without even feeling damp.
Specifications – Woolpower 800 Socks:
- Wool keeps you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm.
- The fabric doesn’t smell bad if you sweat. Wool is self-cleaning and breaks down the bad-smelling bacteria from the skin. That’s why it doesn’t need to be washed so often.
- Wool fibres can absorb up to 30 per cent of their own weight in moisture before even feeling damp.
- Even if the material gets damp it continues to keep you warm anyway.
- Woolpower’s socks don’t itch and feel soft and comfortable against your skin.
- Merino wool 70%
- Polyamide 30%