Our View – Woolpower Zip Turtleneck Lite:
The Woolpower Zip Turtleneck Lite has long sleeves and incorporates a short neck zip for ventilation. This is an ideal Merino wool base layer to wear during high levels of activity and/or in warmer temperatures. The lengthwise seams are placed further back for optimal comfort and the raglan sleeves design prevents any seam rub when carrying a backpack. The back is longer to prevent gaps. The high neck is perfect for preventing drafts getting inside.
Woolpower’s LITE range of base layers have been designed to offer a cooler alternative to the Woolpower Ullfrotte Original. The LITE fabric is flat knit which gives more direct contact against the skin than Woolpower’s Ullfrotte Original fabric. This means that heat is conducted more easily from the skin and out through the garment, which in turn, makes the LITE products perfect as a cooler alternative, for high-level activity and/or warmer temperatures. Woolpower LITE stretches the season for Woolpower garments and can be used all year round.
A 19.5-micron merino wool is combined with 20% polyamide fibre to create a strong and durable garment, with function still the primary focus. There are no more seams than absolutely necessary, and the fabric is a very soft, smooth and stretchy 1:1 rib knit fabric.
Woolpower LITE range still provides insulation, but more importantly its Merino wool adapts to temperature and activity level.
Specifications – Woolpower Zip Turtleneck Lite:
- The garments are designed to be worn next to the skin as a moisture wicking base layer. The terry loops and the overall loose knitting gives unique insulation compared to the fabric weight.
- Wool from merino sheep that graze in the Argentinian part of Patagonia and Uruguay, and it is mulesing free.
- Wool keeps you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm.
- The fabric doesn’t smell bad if you sweat. Wool is self-cleaning and breaks down the bad-smelling bacteria from the skin. That’s why it doesn’t need to be washed so often.
- Wool fibres can absorb up to 30 per cent of their own weight in moisture before even feeling damp.
- Even if the material gets damp it continues to keep you warm anyway.
- Woolpower can be washed at 60 degrees
- Woolpower doesn’t itch and feel soft and comfortable against your skin.
- Weight: approx 220 grams in size M
- 80% Merino wool
- 20% Polyamide