Our View – Asolo Falcon GV Women:
Weighing only 428g (UK Size 5) the Asolo Flacon GV is designed for the female hiker looking for a fast and flexible walking boot that doesn’t compromise on comfort or protection. The Asolo Falcon GV utilises the brands women’s specific last which is designed to specifically meet the differences in the anatomy and function of the female foot.
The Suede upper is water-resistant and is reinforced with Cordura for additional protection, support, comfort and performance. Together with the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort Footwear lining this guarantees waterproofness and breathability in any weather.
Thanks to the Asolo Falcon’s lasting board (sole unit) that is slightly more flexible and lighter compared to many hiking boots we have found that the boot allows your foot to flex more naturally as you walk. This enhances dexterity and increases your ‘feel’ for the ground.
Outsole with the Asolo Falcon features a sole unit designed in collaboration with Vibram to produce the Duo Radiant outsole which utilises Vibram’s MegaGrip Compound for exceptional grip in both wet and dry conditions. The outsole design is such that traction is confident wherever you place your foot and mud sheds quickly and efficiently, so you’ll never be without grip.
The Asolo Falcon GV is going to appeal to hikers looking for a very lightweight boot that provides exceptional comfort and protection for mixed terrain adventures.
Specifications - Asolo Falcon GV Women:
- UPPER: Water-resistant suede mm 1,6-1,8 + high tenacity nylon
- LINING: Gore-Tex Performance Comfort Footwear - offers optimal heat retention to keep you dry & comfortable during a wide range of conditions and outdoor activities.
- LASTING BOARD: Asoflex 00 SR
- ANATOMIC FOOTBED: Lite 2 plus
- SOLE: Asolo/Vibram® Megagrip (rubber-dual density EVA) - The midsole is named Duo Radiant, as it is constructed with two different EVA densities. The top is more compact to improve stability. The lower part is made with a softer material for shock absorption. The lower density (softer) stretches from the heel to the toe to offer maximum comfort during the activity.
- FIT Lady Technology - Asolo pays particular attention to the natural flex of the foot while also making sure that performance and comfort of its footwear is maximized. The women’s last is specifically designed to accommodate the unique anatomical shape of a women foot paying attention to four specific areas: forefoot fit, instep (arch), heel shape, heel height. Every part is perfectly sculpted to best match the female foot anatomy. The result is a range of footwear that fits naturally to the foot, with great performance and comfort.
- DUO RADIANT Fast OUTSOLE - This project is born from the collaboration between Asolo and Vibram®. The sole is made of a double-density molded EVA midsole. The high density EVA midsole guarantees stability. The low density EVA midsole guarantees maximum comfort and shock absorption. The rubber outsole has a low profile and combined with his new design increase the grip and the self-cleaning action. It is developed with Vibram Megagrip® compound which gives the maximum grip on wet terrain and it is resistant from abrasion.
- VIBRAM Megagrip offers excellent grip properties on both dry and wet terrains while maintaining a higher level of durability. Developed for the user who frequently encounters slippery surfaces, VIBRAM Megagrip is suitable for trekking and multisport as well as all season hiking and travel. Megagrip offers an incomparable combination of grip and durability which helps define VIBRAM Megagrip as the ideal high-performance rubber compound for extremely demanding activities
- WEIGHT: 428 (g) (1/2 pair size 5 UK)