Our View - Hanwag Alta Bunion II Lady GTX:
Without doubt the Hanwag Alta Bunion Lady GTX boot is one of our most popular hiking boots for individuals with bunions, those who have wider feet or anyone looking for a super comfortable, durable walking boot with a more forgiving toebox.
With a major overhaul this season the Alta Bunion II not only looks different but is structurally improved too. Especially impressive is the newly designed outsole which is more aggressive and better designed to shed mud too. It retains the ever impressive Vibram rubber which provides excellent traction on mixed surfaces.
The Hanwag Alta Bunion II is especially aimed as being particularly suitable for individuals with hallux valgus thanks to its Bunion Last, but this doesn’t mean it is only suitable for those, the extra space around the base joint of the big toe and the forefoot provides a comfortable fit for a wide range of hikers.
A reinforced PU foam wedge provides excellent cushioning and shock absorbency for a smooth roll-through as you walk. Upper wise the combination of a durable, waterproof GORE-TEX lining and a high-quality nubuck leather upper makes the Alta Bunion II a comfortable and reliable choice across all terrains and durations.
Specifications - Hanwag Alta Bunion II Lady GTX:
- GORE-TEX Membrane
- Nubuck leather, Suede, Fabric Upper
- Vibram® Endurance Pro Outer sole
- Weight: 1050 g (one pair size 5)
- Bunion Fit
- ABCD Category: B
- ‘Made in Europe’, materials sourced 100% from European suppliers
- Bunion Trek Last for stability and precision
- Reinforced PU foam wedge for softer cushioning and better roll-off
- Durable, waterproof GORE-TEX lining and highest-quality nubuck leather upper
- Vibram Endurance Pro outsole
- Made in Croatia