Our View – Scarpa Ranger 2 GTX Men:
The Scarpa Ranger GTX is classic everyday hill walking boot with an exceptional fit and performance and a reputation for durability.
Built on a traditional bonded and lasted construction the Ranger has a sculped shape and more supportive fit. The full grain leather upper is tough and durable, with a soft leather cuff that ensures out of the box comfort. The Gore-Tex membrane guarantees waterproof protection.
Built of the Scarpa BD last, the Ranger is one of the broadest fitting Scarpa models meaning that it provides all day comfort and fits a wide range of individuals. Outsole wise the Vibram Kalden sole has an integrated rand making it highly durable while also providing extra protection against trail debris. With wide spaced lugs to help shed mud and provide grip in sticky mud the outsole pattern is optimised for UK conditions. A pronounced heel brake is also present for extra confidence when descending grassy slopes.
The Scarpa Ranger 2 GTX is a great choice for UK hill walking with excellent comfort, protection and longevity.
Specifications – Scarpa Ranger 2 GTX Men:
- Sole - Vibram Kalden
- Last - BD
- Upper - 1.8 mm Calf Leather
- Lining - GORE-TEX®
- Mid Sole - Hi-Flex
- Weight - 1578g
- Insole - Viscoflex Activ fit
- ACTIVfit Technology - SCARPA's experience and research guarantee absolute comfort in the new "ACTIVfit Technology" line: absolute in the sense that it turns subjective wellbeing into objective comfort.
- GORE-TEX - Four seasons in a day gore-tex® performance comfort footwear will always keep you on the the right track. It is durably waterproof and breathable.
- Vibram® concentrates its industrial design activities, managerial and stategic functions, new technology and new product development in Albizzate in the province of Varese, Italy, to ensure that its costumers can benefit from reliable and constant quality wherever they are. Vibram® has commercial and production facilities in the United States, Brazil, Japan and China. The Quabaug Corporation, a soling partner/licensee of Vibram, specializes in the North American work, military, hunting, and fishing markets.
- Resoling Possible - Scarpa shoes and boots are built to the highest standard and should serve you for many years of use. However, just like tyres on a car, the rubber parts of a boot, shoe or rock shoe can wear down with use, and that’s why we offer a full re-sole service. Resoling not only extends the lifespan of your Scarpa footwear, it also returns it to it’s very best level of performance.
- Suitability: Mountain Walk – 3, Fell Walk – 5, Hill Walk – 5, Paths & Trails – 5.