Our view - Ultimate Direction Fastpack 30:
The Ultimate Direction Fastpack 40 is the largest Fastpack in the range and provides the optimal balance between weight and carrying capacity for those longer mountain adventures. The new version has upgrades to the materials to increase the durability and weather protection as well as improve the breathability of the back system.
With a huge 40 litre carrying capacity the Fastpack 40 is an ideal size and design for fast and light multi-day adventures in the mountains. Its lightweight and feature packed design means this is a great choice if you want to carry extra gear and still be able to move quickly and efficiently without being weighed down or annoyed by a heavy, bouncy pack.
The Fastpack 40 features a unique vest style fit, but with the balance of a traditional pack. Hydration is taken care of via the soft flask carrying pockets up front as well the ability to carry extra bottle in the side pockets. This year the Fastpack series has been upgraded with Infiknit™ and FastFlow technology to increase the backpanel's breathability and moisture wicking ability so you’ll stay drier and more comfortable whatever the weather does. Carrying comfort is further enhanced by the simple but effective waist belt which helps stabilise heavier loads.
The popular roll-top closure system is as easy and effective to use and the addition of the full-side external zipper means you can access anything inside, even when it’s at the bottom with having to empty the pack entirely. Multiple pockets on the shoulder straps, attached loops for poles and extra gear and reflective logos finish off what is sure to be a very popular pack for trail running and fast and light hiking.
Specifications - Ultimate Direction Fastpack 40:
- Large front storage for water, phone, maps, glasses, or food
- Unique zip-down main compartment for total access to gear
- Roll-top closure expands or compresses to secure varying capacities
- Large external stretch mesh pockets for quick access
- Sliding rail sternum straps
- Removable and height-adjustable T-hook waistbelt for heavier loads
- Easy access pocket with keyfob
- MonoRip Mesh is very strong, but extremely breathable.
- 100% polyester
- Volume: 2440.95 in3 / 40.0L
- Height: 19.5" / 49.5 cm
- Width: 11.0" / 27.9 cm
- Length: 7.8" / 19.7 cm
- Weight: 1.58 lbs. / 0.715 kg
- S/M - 64 - 102 cm
- M/L - 76 - 122 cm