Our View – Altra Timp Trail Womens:
We are huge fans of the Altra fit and philosophy in the design of their shoes and new to us this year is the womens Timp trail. Built on the Altra foundation of a wide toebox and zero drop the Timp is well cushioned and has an outsole grip that is well suited to off-road running on tracks and trails.
The 29mm stack height offers excellent levels of impact protection without losing feel for the ground meaning the Timp remains a responsive ride. The 4mm deep lugs bite into the ground well to provide excellent traction and give confidence on uneven terrain. The upper materials on the Timp are a perfect balance between breathability and durability with a reflective printed upper and laser cut TPU overlays for a great midfoot hold. There is reinforced coverage on the toebox and heel cap for added protection against trail debris.
Specifications - Altra Timp Trail Womens:
- Ideal Uses: Trail Running, Hiking, Fastpacking, Trail Racing
- Cushioning: High
- Stack Height: 29 mm
- Weight: 8.9 oz. / 252 g
- Designed To Improve: Natural Foot Positioning, Toe Splay, Comfort
- Platform: Fully Cushioned Zero Drop™ platform and FootShape™ toe box
- Last: PFS-W
- Midsole: Ultralight EVA with A-Bound™
- Outsole: DuraTread™ Rubber with TrailClaw™
- Insole: 6 mm Contour Footbed
- Upper: 360° Reflective Upper
- Other Features: GaiterTrap™ Technology