Our View – BACH Shield 22:
The BACH Shield 22 is really practical, stylish backpack that has been designed towards the more urban user while still offering all the practical features of a high-quality hiking pack.
There is a spacious main compartment that also includes a padded laptop pocket to keep your electronics protected. The lower compartment is an excellent location for your workout wear or a bike helmet. There is also a padded front pocket with for further protection of smaller items and a secure side zipped pocket positioned to keep your valuables safe and secure.
Cordura 1000D fabric is exceptionally hardwearing meaning you can use the pack everyday without concern about excessive wear and it can easily stand up to a few brushes with both urban and trail surroundings.
A substantially padded back panel provides excellent comfort when carrying a heavier load and the shoulder straps are also very comfortable to wear and adjust for a personalised fit. The hip belt is easily removeable should you not need it for around town use.
Specifications – BACH Shield 22:
- Volume: 22 l
- Weight: 1170 g
- Back Length: 47 cm
- BACH 3D SMART DIVIDER for ergonomic packing and carrying
- Unique access allows to pack from top and front
- Comfy mesh back for optimum ventilation
- Padded front pocket with attachment points
- Zipped wand pocket with 3D volume towards the inside
- Multi-purpose attachment points for walking poles etc.
- Meets the carry-on luggage requirements
- Supplied with raincover (+80g)
- Padded laptop compartment inside
- Shield Suspension - Designed for loads up to 15kg. Airy and comfy: ventilated carrying system for every trail project and mountaineering. While providing maximum ventilation the BACH SHIELD sits close to your back and offers perfect balance of lightness and comfort. Comes with a well padded hip belt and 15mm shoulder straps.
- 1000D Cordura® Fabric - is the toughest material BACH uses and is extremely abrasive and tear resistant. The yarn is air-texturised creating a matt and structured appearance. Provided a proper weaving pattern is being used CORDURA® Classic fabric is a good bit more abrasion resistant than oxford nylon or polyester fabrics of a similar weight. With adding only 30% of extra weight 1000D CORDURA® Classic fabric shows a tensile strength which is about 2.5 times stronger than the one of 500D oxford nylon.