Our View - VJ XTRM:
The VJ XTRM is a highly versatile trail running shoe with a specific design focused on rocky and technical trails, however thanks to the aggressive grip it is equally capable on wet. Muddy paths and tracks as well making a great choice for runs over mixed terrain.
The VJ XTRM is also well equipped for longer distances thanks to the cushioning units in both the forefoot and heel, as well as a full length RockPlate for added protection against stones and other trail debris. Built on the slightly wider VJ medium last means there is a bit of extra space in the toe box for when your feet start to swell or if you just prefer a little more room.
Upper wise the VJ EXTRM is designed for maximum durability, protection and comfort. Made from a blend of Kevlar and Polyester the upper also provides excellent hold for the foot when running on uneven terrain.
If you want a shoe that will keep you running all year and over pretty much any terrain then the VJ XTRM is a great choice. It’s durable, protective, cushioned and grip wise will take you over pretty much any terrain.
Specifications -VJ XTRM:
- Trail, mountain and skyrunning. Great for longer, challenging trails.
- Medium last - extra space on the toe box.
- Cushioning units in front and heel.
- Fiberclass stability control.
- New FitLock - it is important the shoe feels snug and fits your foot so that you can safely move and turn where ever and whenever you want with a stabile feeling. FITLOCK supports the arch steadily. The rubber material of FITLOCK protects the inside of your foot against punches from beneath.
- 48 % Kevlar and polyester blend upper, extraordinary protectiveness and durability.
- Outsole 100% Butyl-rubber - Revolutionary grip without studs! In VJ’s studless shoe, Irock, the outsole material is made of butyl rubber. According tests made by our test runners, the grip is the best you can have without metal studs. #THEBESTGRIPONTHEPLANET
- Agressive 6 mm cleats in outsole.
- Full length RockPlate in midsole.
- Strengthened rubber toe-cap.
- Weight (UK 8): 250 g
- 4mm drop