Our View - Altra Olympus 2.0 Mens
Altra have taken all the positives of the previous Olympus range including the maximal cushioning for reduced fatigue and increased protection and a FootShape™ toe box to allow the toes to relax and spread naturally and combined these with improvements to the outsole and a redcution in weight for an overall superb trail running shoe.
The huge 36mm stack height that runs the entire length of the zero-drop shoe includes two different compunds designed to work together to maximise comfort and performance; An A-Bound bottom layer adds a spring to each step and the EVA™ top layer takes the bite out of the rugged terrain. A completely revamped Vibram outsole completes the bottom side provding greatly improved traction on all surfaces.
The wide toebox is designed to allow the toes to spread naturally as nature intended and act as a natural shock absorber as well as letting them relax and allow for swelling during ultra long events. The lower weight compared to its predecessors means the Olympus 2.0 is a true challenger for long distance racing.
- Vibram® Outsole
- Improved Traction
- Less Weight
Specifications - Altra Olympus 2.0 Mens
- Weight: 11.0 oz./ 312 g.
- Cushioning: Max
- Stack Height: 36mm
- Sizes: 7, 8–13, 14, 15
- Ideal Uses: Trail Running, Hiking, Fastpacking, Trail Racing
- Designed To Improve: Running Form, Toe Splay, Stability, Push-off, Comfort, Traction
- Last: SD6-M
- Midsole: Dual Layer EVA with A-Bound™ Top Layer
- Outsole: Trail Specific Sticky Rubber
- Insole: 5mm Contour Footbed
- Upper: Quick-Dry Trail Mesh
- Other Features: Natural Ride System, GaiterTrap™ Technology