This website requires cookies to provide all of its features. To accept cookies from this site, please click the Allow button.
Paramo Women's Alta III Waterproof Jacket - 2022
Our View - Paramo Women's Alta III Waterproof Jacket - 2022:
The Paramo Alta III Waterproof Jacket has been a huge favourite in the Paramo range for many, many years and the last edition proved to the most popular version yet thanks to its improved fit and features. This year Paramo have taken this even further adding even more details to the jacket to pretty much bring it in line with the men’s version in terms of pocket configuration and features.
As always the Alta II jacket has been designed to be a top of the range hill walking jacket and we believe that it is hard to beat in these terms. With the recent adjustments the new Paramo Alta III looks set to continue this trend.
With its 2 layer NikWax Analogy fabric, the Ladies Paramo Alta III Waterproof Jacket is a relative heavyweight. Coming in at 702g, it’s light enough to be packable but it fulfils an all season remit –it will cope with mid winter hikes and anything the UK can throw at it. It’s warm when you need it but with its high level of breathability, it keeps you within a comfort zone of warmth when you are working hard. Obviously, it’s totally waterproof too!
The Ladies' Alta III continues to employ Paramo’s unique Nikwax Analogy fabric technology, which pushes water away from the skin, through an active liner and out through a windproof outer. Rainfall is mostly impeded by the windproof outer but persistent conditions and heavy rain cannot pass the active liner and all this whilst the jacket stays very breathable too.
The fit of the Ladies' Alta III has been optimised with fully articulated sleeves and shoulders and has a slightly longer cut to provide extra coverage and prevent the hem riding up. The fully-adjustable hood has been updated to offer an improved fit and ensure vision is maintained at all times even with googles or glasses. It can be rolled away into the hood and stored securely. The unique dual stretch adjustment mechanisms in the hood and hems retain cord ends safely and comfortably.
There’s an excellent, hard wearing full length two-way locking front zip, which has an internal storm flap to maximise protection when done up, but can be opened and secured via poppers when increased airflow is required. Arm vents offer airflow without the need to open the front zip or with both open increase this further. Sleeves are easy to roll up thanks to the low bulk cuffs and can be secured with the adjustable fastener.
The major update to the Paramo Ladies' Alta III Jacket this year is the increased number of pockets from 4-to-6. These are two waist-high hand warming pockets, two external chest pockets; one with hook and loop closure and D-ring attachment, and one for OS maps and two internal zipped chest pockets - one large and one small - for safe stowing of maps and valuables.
Specifications - Paramo Women's Alta III Waterproof Jacket - 2022:
- The Nikwax Analogy fabric system provides unrivalled waterproof protection and moisture management.
- Fantastic ventilation and temperature regulation from long upper arm vents and a two-way locking front zip. Adjustable cuffs easily push up and secure.
- Fully adjustable hood guarantees vision in all conditions and can be stowed away when not in use.
- Six practical pockets: Two waist-high handwarming pockets. Two external chest pockets: one with hook and loop closure and D-ring attachment, and one for OS maps. Two internal zipped chest pockets - one large and one small - for safe stowing of maps and valuables.
- A directional Mesh Pump Liner® reinforces the shoulder and back panels, preventing water ingress in heavy rain and when load carrying, whilst maximizing airflow.
- A classic longer length cut gives maximum protection from the elements without compromising freedom of movement.
- Ergonomic panel placement provides excellent shoulder / arm articulation and prevents the jacket riding up.
- Glove-friendly zips allow for easy, single-handed operation.
- PFC*-free water repellent finish (*per and polyfluorinated compounds)
- Produced in Colombia by MIQUELINA, a member of the World Fair Trade Organization. Guaranteed Fair Trade.
- Fully recyclable through Paramo.
- Average weight 702g